Speaking of Tabs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Tabs...

I'm looking at moving over to a tab from a glove. I was looking at the Black Widow tabs last night and noticed that they come in different sizes. How should one go about picking the right size? Is there a measurement to take, or just trial and error?

Any and all feedback on tabs appreciated too.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are thin. I bought one. Shot it a time or two.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Saunders Pak Tab is the one I use, it's better than the leather one I tried 1st, don't remember brand. Also switched from a glove. I would like a better method to get the best size, a bigger one would be better than to tight. Trial and error is unfortunately the only method you have unless a shop has some you can try. Good Luck

Comment

The Black Widow site has all the information on sizing. Just measure your index, middle and ring finger and match your measurement to the tab size at the bottom of the tab page.

I'm not sure what DRT is referring to, the Black Widow tabs are one of the thickest tabs available.

Comment

I bought one from 3Rivers. It's not thick. Send me your address and I'll mail it to you so you can see it for yourself.

Comment

Crap as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
              Saunders Pak Tab is the one I use, it's better than the leather one I tried 1st, don't remember brand. Also switched from a glove. I would like a better method to get the best size, a bigger one would be better than to tight. Trial and error is unfortunately the only method you have unless a shop has some you can try. Good Luck
              Be careful ordering the Saunders now. Jerry warned me a year ago that they changed the plastic on it. I ordered a backup a month ago when I caught them on sale for $15 + free shipping. Turned out it was the "newer" ones and they are stiff as hell. The plastic is much different. I will give it a go and see if they settle in... but right now I am not happy that they changed... no real reason to change. They were awesome tabs IMO.

Comment

Sizing can be found on their website, once you have your measurements you might also consider the Eagle's Flight Archery Cordovan tab. They have multiple size offerings and once you have it you can trim as required to fit your hand/depth of hook. I like the EFA tabs because they sew the cordovan onto a thicker "plate" for lack of a better way to explain it and you can use the plate to index your hook placement onto the string for each shot (ie consistency). I don't like thin tabs and the cordovan material seems to be a good compromise between protection for my fingers and enough flex to feel the string/anchor.

Comment

Working...
                X