Acid reflux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    In my own experience, it seems eating late, and / or eating too much food has caused these episodes with me. I'm sitting up in a recliner right now. ive never had a kidney stone, and dang sure don't want one. I guess I will avoid the meds that cause that as a side effect.
    Yes sir, correct. Try and elevate your head slightly in bed too. I once had it so bad, had to go to the emergency room. Burned my vocal cords so badly had trouble talking for 2 days. It can get really bad. Go see your doc.

Comment

I think that Outdoor Griddle thread is catching up to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Mine is not from drinking alcohol. I do not take any medications at the moment. I'm going to try and watch what I eat, and not eat too late. Hopefully this will help. Too many episodes like last night, and I won't have an esophagus left. It burned even more than usual. I was looking for some milk, but we were out
        Be glad you were out. Milk causes your stomach to produce more acid. Not worth the temporary relief

Comment

I wash mine down with cheap beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Lmfao

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              I wash mine down with cheap beer

Lol this was true for me also but it would catch up in the night. Gl Ac, sounds like you will find the cause. Eat a lilttle more bland for a while and drink more water and it will prolly clear.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                Lol this was true for me also but it would catch up in the night. Gl Ac, sounds like you will find the cause. Eat a lilttle more bland for a while and drink more water and it will prolly clear.

Yeah if it's hitting him this late in life he should be able to make a few changes and fix it. I take on average @4 Prilosec OTC a month and it's worked great for me. Takes several hours to start working but I can usually see it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

LOL!

I’ve had a problem with it for 15 years. If I wake up with it in the middle of the night I drink a big glass of milk. Water only makes it worse. I went on a diet, cut out greasy foods and quit snuff for 10 months and it went away.

Comment

Yea I get it sometimes. It always hits in the middle of the night. Sleep with a few pillows or in a recliner helps. Just don't lay flat. When mine first hit it was burning in my chest and hurt to breathe. A quick call to 911 and day at hospital getting ekg, stress test etc ruled out the heart attack. Then they gave me something and it went away and they said acid reflux.

Find your trigger foods and avoid them and you'll be ok. Mine are the high acidic foods, especially tomato based sauces. I can still eat them but have to do in moderation. Salsa and pizzas are terrible for me. Really spicy foods trigger it too but not as often as sauces.

Comment

Take a Prilosec every day for about 10 days then just take one every 3-4 days after and you will be fine. I have it as well. The Prilosec is a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps on over producing acid in your stomach. Keep Zantac close by as well. If it flares up between taking Prilosec, take a Zantac and it will knock it down and then take a Prilosec. I’ve had it since I was 19. It sucks.

I will say that I’ve been on a Keto diet and have literally taken out all carbs and don’t eat anything acidic. I may have taken 1 Prilosec in the last 2 months instead of 3-4 a week. I’ve never gone axis free for so long until I changed my diet.

Comment

For the horses we use Aloe Juice from Walmart, works great for people too but you have to drink it like every few hours or so. It's actually flavored and taste pretty decent, it's located in gallons over in the pharmacy section. Google it, lot's of positive information out there on it. I'm too haphazard to drink it enough to work for me

Comment

I don't get it as often as I used to, but still keep Zantac around for the occasional necessity.

Comment

Yep, go get you some Zantac. I take it in am when I get up and right before I eat supper. All is well now

Comment

When I got my cpap no more reflux.

Comment

Soda water was my main cause. I used to suffer with it bad until I quit drinking soft drinks on a daily basis. That was probably 8-9 yrs ago. Funny thing is I would only drink one a day, most often at lunch time. It got to where literally one sip would give me terrible heart burn/reflux. Mine improved 75% when I cut them out. Only time I drink soft drinks is with whisky in them now. They don't seem to bother me that bad, maybe the whisky actually does have a medicinal effect, lol. There are a few food items/drinks that will give me grief, like grapefruit/orange juice, chocolate, etc. I take an OTC acid reducer in pill form when needed and its all good for the most part. I think I typically buy the store brand Omeprozol.

Comment

Working...
                                X