Help with back tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with back tension

Hey guys does it appear that I am getting to back tension. I feel I am. I feel like my elbow is far enough back. But want to kinda get confirmation from the pros on here. I believe I start my draw from the back and settle at full draw with back tension.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Can't tell you for sure from a picture like that.

Comment

You'll need to bend at the waist to shoot at a down angle. Part of being able to keep back tension correct will rely on your draw being perpendicular to your torso.

Comment

Gotcha guys

Comment

Check out this video, best explanation of back tension I’ve heard. Really helped me when I got serious about shooting trad.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
            Check out this video, best explanation of back tension I’ve heard. Really helped me when I got serious about shooting trad.
            https://youtu.be/G-r1IqWjkKw
            Thanks will do

Comment

When u pull the bow string you need to pull your shoulder blades together and when the string is released your hand should recoil backwards

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                https://youtu.be/G-r1IqWjkKw
                Thanks for posting, I found this video helpful.

Only thing I saw that doesn't work for me is starting with such a low elbow on my drawing arm.

to each is own, I'm not saying I am right or he is, just an observation.

Comment

Working...
                X