Cedar Creek lake area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabbitman View Post
    I hear you! Been out in my bass buggy a few times with spotty luck. Still trying to learn the lake.
    One of the best crappie lakes in Texas as far as catching numbers goes. A dock shooters paradise as well as any other way you like to catch crappie!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Never fished docks for crappie up north...though I have caught a few from my present dock...always fished structure and cover. From what I've seen on this lake, drop offs and humps probably will hold fish this time of year.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Never fished docks for crappie up north...though I have caught a few from my present dock...always fished structure and cover. From what I've seen on this lake, drop offs and humps probably will hold fish this time of year.

There's only about 7000 of em on the lake and maybe 100 are worth fishing!!![emoji23]

Man I love shooting docks though. It's like a drug!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          There's only about 7000 of em on the lake and maybe 100 are worth fishing!!![emoji23]

Man I love shooting docks though. It's like a drug!!!

Are the crappie staging near docks this time of year? I would guess they would be in deep water now...

Comment

I run cattle in Trinidad and Kemp. Have a family home on the lake in Eustace. Know the area well.

Comment

Been through Eustace, it's close to Pennacle Club. Anyplace around this area to stump shoot with my longbow? Would also like to pick your brain concerning the lake.

Comment

I don’t mind telling you a few things about the crappie fishing on CC. I normally fish it a few times a year. Not sure how your boat is set up as far as electronics but it doesn’t take much to find fish on that lake. The next few months are sketchy but going and catching fish is still doable. Another thing you can do is hire one of the many guides on that lake and learn a few things and build on it from there. Either way shoot me a PM if you have any question and I’ll try to help you out.

Clay

Comment

I fish there a couple times a year. Usually late spring to early fall. This time of year I would look around the bridges and deeper main lake areas for brush assuming you have SI. There's brush all over that lake. You won't have to go far to find some.

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info.

Comment

What brought you down to the area? retire? Pinnacle club is nice. You might try Purtis Creek State Park for stump'n. Lake is nice but has its problems with petty theft and meth. Parts of Seven Points and Payne Springs can be a little dicey. Gun Barrel is where everything is located. El Manantial is very good Tex Mex its in Seven Points. Cedar Creel Brewery is across the street, fun times and good beer. Lots of Dallas people have second homes so its pretty dead in the winter but gets very busy on the weekends from Memorial day to Labor day but during the week its pretty quiet. Mabank and Malakoff have the best schools followed by Eustace with Kemp bringing up the rear.

Good sand bass and hybrid fishing up by the dam, just watch for the birds--lol--Sassy Shad will bring them in. A lot of people crappie fish off the bridges plus as others said around the docks. The water gets better the more south you go, so where you are at is pretty good.

Comment

Been retired for some time. Married a Texas girl last year and moved to Dallas. She retired and we moved to the lake...mostly to get out of the heavy daily traffic and crowds but still be somewhat close...80 miles...to her family. I've seen some of the dicey folks you mentioned. Reminds me of old times. I'm retired law enforcement, spent most of my career doing drug investigations.

Comment

We have a place on the lake, fishing is all about the cast net. If you can catch shad you can catch fish. Fresher the better. This time of year is for trophy blues. Drifting 30-35 foot with a big piece cut bait. A 40 pound blue is common once you learn the technique.

Comment

Been retired for some time. Married a Texas girl last year and moved to Dallas. She retired and we moved to the lake...mostly to get out of the heavy daily traffic and crowds but still be somewhat close...80 miles...to her family. I've seen some of the dicey folks you mentioned. Reminds me of old times. I'm retired law enforcement, spent most of my career doing drug investigations.
                            Great to have good people move in. Its a beautiful area to retire to especially if you can live on or have lake access. My Wife's family have lived on the lake for 30 plus years.

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
                              Great to have good people move in. Its a beautiful area to retire to especially if you can live on or have lake access. My Wife's family have lived on the lake for 30 plus years.
                              Maybe we can get together sometimes and get out on the lake. My bass buggy still needs a few things to make it a good fishing boat but will be there soon.

Comment

Maybe we can get together sometimes and get out on the lake. My bass buggy still needs a few things to make it a good fishing boat but will be there soon.
                                yea sounds good. We hunt on our land down in Trinidad in the river bottoms. Been real slow this year. What made you pick Pinnacle Club? You guys have some big deer up in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                                X