any feedback on Contrary Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any feedback on Contrary Creek Ranch

Looking for opinions on Contrary Creek Ranch in Telegraph, TX.

I did my first bow hunt there last year and didn’t see anything I could should without an $800 kill fee. 1 buck 4.5 years old or older and 2 does for $300; lodging included ( $150 per day / 2 day minimum).

The owner and his son treated everyone with great respect on my hunt, and tried to accommodate you if you wanted to do it your way…hunt a trail, use you pop up blinds etc.

I found the experience to be worthwhile for a first timer…nice tri pods and quad pods, good placement and concealment, etc.

Went opening weekend of this year and seen a few Axis at 50 yards out late that Sunday evening. I believe there were only 5 or 6 of us hunting and no arrows dispatched. Very few deer seen at all as with most reports I have heard for opening weekend in general.

They had just opened up some existing trails and cut a few new ones…that coupled with a lot of green grass and acorns didn’t lend for much action at the feeders.

Thinking about doing one more weekend hunt out of town in the December time frame.

I was curious if any of you folks had any feedback you would like to share on Contrary Creek Ranch….again, I had a good time and am satisfied with the experience for the money spent.

I just have nothing else to compare it to.

Hunted three times with the Doc an son last year. Did not shoot but had many chances to to shoot a doe but was waiting for buck. Son was not there first time. Second time we went down around the second weekend in Dec. Big group around 20 hunters had a blast, still waiting for the big one so did not take a deer. Went down the last weekend of hunting season just six of use. Son charged us an extra $20 a head not real sure why he said that was always the price. So I was not real happy for starts then two diffrent times the feeder did not go off and talked with other hunters an said the same. Same big group still goes down ever year but I will never hunt this ranch again. If you are looking for a doe hunt this is your place, there was only one buck shoot off it last year it was a nice 8pt about 5.5 years old. They have this $800 kill fee it you shoot a deer that is younger than 4.5 years old. Everyone was scared to shoot at good buck.

Comment

Working...
    X