TYHP-Hapgood Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP-Hapgood Ranch

Son got drawn for a hunt next week. Anybody's kid hunted there? Just wanting to know what to expect. Only drawback is that it's a rifle hunt. But we will take what we can get.

The one north of Bowie on 287?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      The one north of Bowie on 287?
      I believe so.

Comment

I think it's about 6000 acres in the high fence, there are tons of deer. I'm not sure what you guys will be allowed to shoot, but there are some big ones in there. If I remember correctly they had to kill about 200 last year for MLD. The lodge is absolutely amazing, I sold them all the stone on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's about 6000 acres in the high fence, there are tons of deer. I'm not sure what you guys will be allowed to shoot, but there are some big ones in there. If I remember correctly they had to kill about 200 last year for MLD. The lodge is absolutely amazing, I sold them all the stone on it.

Great to hear. It’s only doe and hogs, but should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So far we are striking out on getting drawn. Good luck to y'all.

Comment

You should have no problem killing does.

Comment

You should have no problem killing does.

Good deal. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  You'll get drawn. Just keep applying.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    We have been too but yesterday my wife got an email from TYHP (I didn't get the email) saying they had a cancellation this weekend. Called up their office and lady said I was first to respond to the open spot. So her and my 16 year old are pulling into Encinal to hunt this weekend as I write this.

Hoping my younger son can get picked for his first TYHP hunt in the upcoming weeks.

Comment

TYHP-Hapgood Ranch

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                      We have been too but yesterday my wife got an email from TYHP (I didn't get the email) saying they had a cancellation this weekend. Called up their office and lady said I was first to respond to the open spot. So her and my 16 year old are pulling into Encinal to hunt this weekend as I write this.

Hoping my younger son can get picked for his first TYHP hunt in the upcoming weeks.

They told me to put “First Time hunter to TYHP” in the comment line of the application and they’d give preference

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        They told me to put “First Time hunter to TYHP” in the comment line of the application and they’d give preference

Yes they do and we put that too. Jacob wanted to put in for his 10th birthday weekend, so we entered a bunch for those dates but since we haven't heard back by today, I'm pretty sure he wasn't selected. I went in earlier and entered for all the hunts the following weekend so maybe we can get one then.

Comment

We were around 0 for 80 on TPWD hunts this year too, so it's just not looking like our year of luck.

Comment

And to the OP, good luck on y'alls hunt. I've been on one with my older son and we had a blast!! It won't matter what's on the menu for hunting, their hunts are a great experience!

Comment

You will love hunting the Hapgood. Don, the Huntmaster really does a great job. I have guided for TYHP on the Hapgood a couple of times. Most of the blinds are ground and you will be between 70-100 yards. Lots of deer and turkey and some hogs.

If your kid has never been drawn make sure to not that. They do try to provide hunts to 1st time TYHP hunters before any others. I think we took about 2500 kids hunting last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X