Opinions on Springfield Handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Springfield Handguns

Those that have them what do you think of them? Seems to be a variety of models to choose from, I'm really interested in opinions on the XD mod 2 sub compact and the XD-M. Also for a carry weapon which barrel length you prefer the 3.3 or 3.8? And finally which caliber, the 9MM, .40 or .45?

I am leaning towards the .45 but only because I do not have one.

I have an xd40. I like it. Had it since they came out.

Comment

I've had the XD 40 cal for about ten years. My favorite pistol, but it's not the one I usually carry. When I'm in the woods or field though, it's with me. I've got the full size 4" barrel.

Comment

I have the xds 45 that I have had for a few years. I like the gun but I have since purchased a glock 43 that I like more. but springfield make a good gun.

I actually recently posted it up for a trade for some large fishing equipment if you have any of that. looking for large Avet reels. just something to think about.

Comment

The only one I have is an XDs in .45, but a buddy has an XD-M in 9mm that I've shot. Good gun, he's put a bunch of rounds through his. The XDs was my carry gun, but I fell in love with the PC Shield in .40, so I'm probably gonna sell the XDs. I would not hesitate to buy a Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
            I've had the XD 40 cal for about ten years. My favorite pistol, but it's not the one I usually carry. When I'm in the woods or field though, it's with me. I've got the full size 4" barrel.
            I could've almost written this verbatim but mine is a XD9

Comment

Love my XDM9

Comment

I have an XD and I like it better than the Glock I had previously.' Trigger is supremely better

Comment

Love my XD 9mm. It will take the cheapest ammo and never blink. Like any gun you have to go shoot and decide how well it works for you. I have not shot the compact yet.

Comment

XD 9 Mod 2 with 4" barrel. Shoots way better than my Glock 17 in 9mm.

Skinny

Comment

I've owned several Springfields over the years and really enjoy shooting them at the range. They are built well and have decent triggers. That said, they seem to be blocky and somewhat heavy IMO. I have big hands so they fit me well and that's why I like them ergonomically...but that doesn't always translate very well when trying to conceal.
                      I still own a XD Subcompact 9mm and carry it occasionally. I added a Hogue grip and it's a solid firearm.

Comment

I actually went with a ruger sr9c because it was on sale and I was a broke college kid wanting to exercise my right after turning 21. Stil have it and love it but really liked the XD in 9. If you're already looking at sub-compacts, I'm assuming its for concealment, so I'd say go with the longer barrel. Grips are harder to hide than barrel (I cycle carrying the sr9c, 4.25 bbl .357, and a 5" 1911).

Comment

Thanks for all the information. Yes I was planning on using it as my main carry weapon. Guess I just need to decide on either a .40 or .45 and barrel length. Any opinions on those?

Comment

In my experience, one "Tupperware" gun is about as good as another. I've owned Glocks and Springfields at the same time and both were flawless.

Comment

Had one of the original xd9 sub compacts, and now an XDs. Both of them are great.

Comment

Working...
                              X