Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are bass fishermen going in such a hurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are bass fishermen going in such a hurry?

I’ve been on the lakes of Texas for nearly 30 years (mainly Austin, Placid, Travis, McQueeney, and Lake Worth) and I’ve always wondered why bass fishermen feel the need to drive 50+ mph to go fishing? This year alone, I’ve feared for my life and my children’s lives as at least 4 different bass boats going 50+ mph have felt the need to buzz our boat.

So where are these guys going in such a hurry?

50 is all they are going? They must not be in to big of a hurry then lol !

Comment

Got to be first to the spot

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        50 is all they are going? They must not be in to big of a hurry then lol !
        Just getting started at 50mph Haven’t even got trimmed out good yet.

Comment

If you ain’t going at least 70 shooting a rooster tail then you ain’t going to get to your spot before the fish stop biting!!!

Comment

Interesting comment. One of the best fishermen I know has the slowest boat I’ve ever fished out of. My BIL once made a comment that they dropped about 10 places in their rankings when he got a new boat that was faster than his last.

Always blasting around looking for a better spot.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After spending a week fishing a river system lake in Alabama and not catching hardly a thing, my cousin who lives there asked me how fast my boat would run. I told him about 35. He told me that was the problem, Alabama fish are 70 mph fish. If your boat would not run 70 you could not catch them

Comment

You have to go 50 for a little bit before opening it up to let the engine warm up so it won’t blow up when you go fast.

Comment

Hell there’s guys on bicycles that do 50.

“Coast is clear billy ray open er up!!”

Comment

Fifty ain’t nothin!

Comment

I fished tournaments for 25 years, averaged 20 to 25 events per year. The reason I felt the need for speed was really very simple. When your motor is running you do not have a hook in the water. The more time you spend with a hook in the water the more fish you are likely to catch. Simple to understand really. Unsafe operation is another matter, I am betting those guys are just want-a-bes.

Comment

I usually run about 80 to my first spot, I like to run 80 on my way to the weigh in.........unless I do not have much weight.

Comment

50’s for quiters...

Comment

When I got to fish with my grandfather on Livingston he would say “I bet they catch a lot of fish with that rooster tail”.

Comment

I run my boat close to WOT 58-62 mph most of the time when I can just cause I can. Now I am also very courteous of other boaters and will give them a wide berth if possible. Less time moving equals more time fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X