Hoyt Defiant Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt Defiant Line

Seems like all the pro hunters are using the Hoyt Defiants. Some carbon, some pro, some turbo, but most a combination. I actually don't know all the specs on each variant.

Are these really worth $2K plus!????

I am looking to buy a new setup next year and am considering Hoyt Defiant, Halon, and Elite... so far. Currently shooting a Mathews.

Not sure where you see 2k but the Hoyt defiant turbo is $999 and is 1 inch longer DL almost same weight as Halon 32 and only 7 fps faster IBO. Halon is the same IBO of you go to the 5" brace height. I'm sure the carbon defiant turbo is more expensive but you're just getting a lighter bow. So the question is "is it really worth it to YOU"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all personal preference. I went to CCR and shot a ton of bows. I went there because the inner Cam Hanes in me wanted a Defiant. I wanted to like it, but I didn't like the draw cycle on it. I shot the Halon 32, Carbon Defiant, The Reign, some PSE, an Elite, and a Prime. The top two were the Halon 32 and the Prime. Again... this is my experience and it'll be different from yours I'm sure. Go shoot them all.
      There are a lot of good bows out there. Shoot them all and figure out what works for you.

Comment

Hoyt Defiant Line

I'd love to have a bow shooting 300 fps or faster. I'm at 266 right now with a Mathews no cam htx. 27.5 DL eats up my fps. Would do the same with a bow rated at 350 IBO. Plus, I have zero interest in shooting a lite arrow for speed. I want heavy and hard hitting. Thinking of going heavier than I already am with my next arrows to increase foc.

Comment

I love my defiant turbo. Killed plenty of critters with it.

If I did it again i would probably get the carbon to save weight packing it and get the ridge reaper camo.

Comment

I love my new Hoyt Defiant Bone Collector. It’s my favorite bow I’ve ever had. I love the draw cycle and the feel. The back wall is rock solid with the limb stop installed.

It’s fast, tack driver and a lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              It's all personal preference. I went to CCR and shot a ton of bows. I went there because the inner Cam Hanes in me wanted a Defiant. I wanted to like it, but I didn't like the draw cycle on it. I shot the Halon 32, Carbon Defiant, The Reign, some PSE, an Elite, and a Prime. The top two were the Halon 32 and the Prime. Again... this is my experience and it'll be different from yours I'm sure. Go shoot them all.
              There are a lot of good bows out there. Shoot them all and figure out what works for you.

How would you compare the draw between the Halon 32 and defiant? I think the draw cycle on the Halon 32 is butter for a dual cam and I'd love to own one but I'd only be picking up 8-10 fps over the htx and to me, that's marginal at best when justifying buying a new bow. However, the fiancé shot it and the Avail and loved the Halon over the Avail and said the draw cycle was much easier to pull at 50 lbs even though she had to really pull to get it back.

Comment

Shoot them all and go in with no pre-conceived notions. Let the bow find you. They all shoot fast enough nowadays so, it's a matter of draw cycle, comfort and how quiet they shoot. Heavy arrows tune the noise down on any bow.

I've had several Mathews but Hoyts feel better to me and I find them drastically more accurate. That's where I have stayed for years and will not change. It's just personal preference. Get the one that finds you and shoot it A LOT. If Hoyt tickles your fancy, you will likely be a fan for life.
                Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hoyt is numero uno.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    How would you compare the draw between the Halon 32 and defiant? I think the draw cycle on the Halon 32 is butter for a dual cam and I'd love to own one but I'd only be picking up 8-10 fps over the htx and to me, that's marginal at best when justifying buying a new bow. However, the fiancé shot it and the Avail and loved the Halon over the Avail and said the draw cycle was much easier to pull at 50 lbs even though she had to really pull to get it back.

I can't justify anything for you. Again, I'll repeat, it's personal preference. Other have said it, and there are umpteen threads about this topic preaching the same thing. Go shoot them all. What works for you? Why do you feel the need for a new bow? You have to justify it yourself.

Yes, the Halon 32 draw was great. It wasn't as great as my old Switchback. Not even close, actually. However, other things with the Halon made ME justify buying it. I didn't say that in the last thread, but yes, I walked out with a Halon 32. The draw was the second best draw (for me) of all the other bows I shot. The Prime was slightly nicer. The back wall was more solid than my Switchback.... it was also faster, the grips was better, the bow was slightly more balanced. Compared to the Defiant... it was an all around better bow... for me! The Defiant didn't draw as smooth, but had a good back wall. I didn't like the cam roll over of the Defiant. I didn't think it was as well balanced in my hand because of my shooting style. I felt they were both about the same noise level, and the speed was somewhat equal, but that was pretty low on my priority list. I shot the Carbon Defiant.... I loved how light it was, but that was it. Other things I looked at was the companies themselves. What's the company like, what's the warrantee like. I talked to the bow shop and the techs regarding that. I'm going to shoot a bow for ten years. If I have limb failure at year 8, can I get new limbs? That was an interesting conversation and CCR had great insight. Just another reason I went towards Mathews.

Good luck on your bow search. Only you can justify a new purchase based on your shooting styles, preferences, budgets, experience, etc.

J

Side Note:
                    Cinnamon Creek Ranch and their staff are SECOND TO NONE! I wish I recalled the tech's name. Daren? I know that's wrong, but it's close. His name was more unique. He set up all the bows to my specs so I could shoot them all. Let me shoot my old bow side by side to see if I even wanted a new bow. No pressure. Once I committed, he set up the new bow. Took time to answer my questions and educate me further from what I already knew. Meanwhile, all the staff were patient and engaging with my wife and 2.5 year old son running around having fun which was the most important part, honestly.
                    Last edited by justhrowit; 09-25-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I can't justify anything for you. Again, I'll repeat, it's personal preference. Other have said it, and there are umpteen threads about this topic preaching the same thing. Go shoot them all. What works for you? Why do you feel the need for a new bow? You have to justify it yourself.

Yes, the Halon 32 draw was great. It wasn't as great as my old Switchback. Not even close, actually. However, other things with the Halon made ME justify buying it. I didn't say that in the last thread, but yes, I walked out with a Halon 32. The draw was the second best draw (for me) of all the other bows I shot. The Prime was slightly nicer. The back wall was more solid than my Switchback.... it was also faster, the grips was better, the bow was slightly more balanced. Compared to the Defiant... it was an all around better bow... for me! The Defiant didn't draw as smooth, but had a good back wall. I didn't like the cam roll over of the Defiant. I didn't think it was as well balanced in my hand because of my shooting style. I felt they were both about the same noise level, and the speed was somewhat equal, but that was pretty low on my priority list. I shot the Carbon Defiant.... I loved how light it was, but that was it. Other things I looked at was the companies themselves. What's the company like, what's the warrantee like. I talked to the bow shop and the techs regarding that. I'm going to shoot a bow for ten years. If I have limb failure at year 8, can I get new limbs? That was an interesting conversation and CCR had great insight. Just another reason I went towards Mathews.

Good luck on your bow search. Only you can justify a new purchase based on your shooting styles, preferences, budgets, experience, etc.

J

Side Note:
                      Cinnamon Creek Ranch and their staff and SECOND TO NONE! I wish I recalled the tech's name. Daren? I know that's wrong, but it's close. His name was more unique. He set up all the bows to my specs so I could shoot them all. Let me shoot my old bow side by side to see if I even wanted a new bow. No pressure. Once I committed, he set up the new bow. Took time to answer my questions and educate me further from what I already knew. Meanwhile, all the staff were patient and engaging with my wife and 2.5 year old son running around having fun which was the most important part, honestly.

Thanks for the kind words. Dyron is the best!!

Op! Come to ccr and we will rig em all up for you to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Thanks for the kind words. Dyron is the best!!

Op! Come to ccr and we will rig em all up for you to shoot.
                        I WAS CLOSE!!!! I knew it was more unique.

Comment

I WAS CLOSE!!!! I knew it was more unique.
                          Lol!! Within a couple of letters.

Comment

I’m shooting the carbon 31” and loving it. Shooting 460 grain axis arrows at 276 FPS. It’s a killa

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                              I love my defiant turbo. Killed plenty of critters with it.

If I did it again i would probably get the carbon to save weight packing it and get the ridge reaper camo.
                              I also LOVE my Defiant Turbo!

Comment

Working...
                              X