Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are bass fishermen going in such a hurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
    Guys, I'm a Bass fisherman, and i have a BB that will run mid 70's, and yes i drive it this fast when i need to and conditions allow, and i can do it safely. the comment made by the OP was also people Buzzing Their boat, I have no time for this and I'm sure most other boaters would agree as this is dangerous behavior. But this works both ways, i have been almost run over several times while sitting on an offshore spot fishing, pleasure boaters want to Buzz fishermen for some reason. I think everyone one on the water needs to be courteous to one another and respect distances.
    Yep. Im not a bass fisherman, and my boat is usually the worst looking/slowest one on the water but it works both ways, have seen it on both sides. On Conroe the jetskiers and skiers/wakeboarders/tubers are the largest problem IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      In all my years of bass fishing, I never have seen a speed limit sign.
      I have seen them under bridges. I guess to keep wake/wave action down to reduce erosion of pilings maybe? Or just safety, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Yep. Im not a bass fisherman, and my boat is usually the worst looking/slowest one on the water but it works both ways, have seen it on both sides. On Conroe the jetskiers and skiers/wakeboarders/tubers are the largest problem IMO.
        I spend alot of time there and the skiers drive me nuts. Last time I was there they were doing donuts just outside the no wake bouy at scotts ridge. Peoples boat were getting slammed againest the sea wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t own a boat, and don’t fish much, I’m just amazed that some boats will and some people will drive them at 70+ on the water! That’s moving very fast on water. To each his own I guess, but I would be nervous running over 50 on the East Texas lakes I do spend some time on because of submerged stumps

Comment

Working...
          X