Pedernales Falls SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedernales Falls SP

We got drawn for the gun deer - Antlerless/Spike...Any info would be great. Really curious about the exotics but what I've read is that theirs not to many.

we are hunting the Nov hunt, Anyone else hunting that hunt?

Hey yanta61
    We got drawn for that hunt January this year. We had a good hunt. My three man group killed 5 whitetail does, one pig and one big aoudad ram. See my post from earlier this year. I will PM you with where we hunted.

Comment

Thanks T-roy66

Comment

Have hunted Pedernales twice, last time being 2 years ago. Both were antlerless/spike hunts. There are a few exotics (aoudads mostly but a sika doe was shot on our hunt) in the park but wouldn't expect to see them. Pigs have really started hitting that park hard, especially along the river. Dependant on the stand you are given, you may see hogs. Lots of deer and the staff wants you to shoot your 2 does. Throw out lots of corn and may consider using apple scented corn to help get them in.

Another good thing about your hunt is that it's the November hunt and not one later in the year. They do several hunts there and use the same blinds. First time we hunted there, we were the last hunt of the year and only shot 2 deer among 3 guys. Last time, we were the first hunt and the 3 of us each shot 2 deer.

Blinds are basically cut cedar ground blinds with a bench. BRING A COMFORTABLE CHAIR. Most shots are within 75 yards. All of the blinds seem to have deer so don't think any are much better than others. If you want a shot at hogs, ask for the blinds on the NW side by the river or the blind down past the sewage treatment plant. Doesn't sound exciting but a good stand. I've hunted both times near the picnic area above the swimming area. I could see my truck in the parking lot and the bathroom from my stand It was very convenient and comfortable when the coffee kicked in.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
          Have hunted Pedernales twice, last time being 2 years ago. Both were antlerless/spike hunts. There are a few exotics (aoudads mostly but a sika doe was shot on our hunt) in the park but wouldn't expect to see them. Pigs have really started hitting that park hard, especially along the river. Dependant on the stand you are given, you may see hogs. Lots of deer and the staff wants you to shoot your 2 does. Throw out lots of corn and may consider using apple scented corn to help get them in.

Another good thing about your hunt is that it's the November hunt and not one later in the year. They do several hunts there and use the same blinds. First time we hunted there, we were the last hunt of the year and only shot 2 deer among 3 guys. Last time, we were the first hunt and the 3 of us each shot 2 deer.

Blinds are basically cut cedar ground blinds with a bench. BRING A COMFORTABLE CHAIR. Most shots are within 75 yards. All of the blinds seem to have deer so don't think any are much better than others. If you want a shot at hogs, ask for the blinds on the NW side by the river or the blind down past the sewage treatment plant. Doesn't sound exciting but a good stand. I've hunted both times near the picnic area above the swimming area. I could see my truck in the parking lot and the bathroom from my stand It was very convenient and comfortable when the coffee kicked in.
          some good info, Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X