Best bow for 300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bow for 300?

I'm thinking about buying a bow (first bow sort of.... I have a bow fishing rig) and I want to know what's the best I can get for 300 or close to it, also what's the reason you think the bow you picked is better? I'm wanting to have it set to 60lb.

fred bear bow on classifides for 300 rigged out.

Comment

A used one. Get what was a higher end bow a few years ago and you should be good to go. Look for an older Mathews Outback for one. I use to own one, and the bow shot great.

Comment

2nd a good used bow

Comment

Martin.

Comment

Yup, a good used bow for $300. But they go quick!

A few years ago, I found a Parker Buckshot XP at the Cabelas bargain cave for $149 (bare bow) and for that price, just had to buy it. I ended up shooting 3 deer with that bow the following fall, and although not a fancy bow at all, it was very light and did the job just fine. I eventually sold it, but I didn't lose any money on it.

So, if nothing else, give that one a look. It's not a bad bow.

Comment

get on archerytalk.com classifieds and find you a 2-3 year old bow. You can get more bow that way than buying a new one at that price.

Or you could probably find a new Bear bow close to that range. It would be one of their lower end ones but still good enough to hunt with.

Comment

Comment

Back in 2011 when I was getting into it all I bought a new Bear Strike as a package deal off eBay. It's still the bow I use now because it's great. But if I could go back I would look for a used Mathews and piece together the parts I want on it because I ended up changing everything that came with it in the first year. Funny thing is the parts I have on it now cost more than the bow itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    get on archerytalk.com classifieds and find you a 2-3 year old bow. You can get more bow that way than buying a new one at that price.

Or you could probably find a new Bear bow close to that range. It would be one of their lower end ones but still good enough to hunt with.
                    Gospel ^

Find you a top end bow that's now a few years old.
                    A compound bow is the only thing that depreciates faster than a mobile home.
                    If you buy a low end bow it'll be worthless in a year or two and you'll still be wanting another.

Comment

I used to shoot the Diamond Black Ice and was a really nice bow. I've seen the 2010 models on ArcheryTalk for around that price fully loaded. That is a really good bow if your just getting started.

Comment

you can find an outback for around 300, a switchback will cost a little more. well worth it for either.

Comment

Find you a couple year old hoyt Alphamax or newer from a popular auction site or a very popular archery site.

Comment

Found a nearly new Diamond Outlaw with hard case and Scott Silverhorn release at a pawn shop for $300. Pawn shops are my store of choice most of the time for bows and guns, but check them over carefully.

Comment

As long as it fits you it should be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X