No announcement yet.

Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went and test drove the big three, (ranger, Mule, defender) and I left with the mule pro fxt and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So for those of you with the mule pro fxt. Would yall say getting the power steering is a must or is it not too bad without?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
        So for those of you with the mule pro fxt. Would yall say getting the power steering is a must or is it not too bad without?

I’d say yes, it’s a must. It’s almost a 2,000 lb machine, but I’ve never driven one without it.

Comment

So he asked about a Ranger or Honda and gets reviews on a Mule? I can honestly say I have had Ranger, Mule, Gator, and Kobata and without a doubt Ranger is my choice. Drive them al, and pick what's best for you.

Comment

I'm about to sell my ranger. Wanted the Kawasaki mule pro fxt crew cab but a Honda pioneer 700 5 person will fit on the trailer with pops 4 wheeler still. If I get the Kawasaki he's gonna hafta leave his 4 wheeler at the lease which would be nice.

Comment

Wrong he said " or possibly a mule pro fxt."
              Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              So he asked about a Ranger or Honda and gets reviews on a Mule? I can honestly say I have had Ranger, Mule, Gator, and Kobata and without a doubt Ranger is my choice. Drive them al, and pick what's best for you.
              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                If I was going to get one it would be one with a chain or driveshaft. No more belt drives for me.

To the best of my knowledge- the only two brands not using a belt drive CVT tranny are Honda and Kubota.

Kawa’s, Popo, Arctic cat, Yami’s etc- all use CVT’s.

To the op-
                Go give them a spin and see which one you like best. Hard to go wrong with any one of them nowadays.

Comment

You said for Duck Hunting mainly, so here’s some user specific facts on the vehicles you suggested. The Mule DOES NOT have a locking front diff AND WEIGHS OVER 600 lbs more than the Ranger. The Ranger will go through marsh and mud much better than the Mule AND has a lot more bed space with both vehicles crew seat platform. The Ranger has more comfortable seats for all passengers. The Mule wins in engine reliability (although I’ve never had an issue with my Ranger other than a fuel pump) and keeping passengers cleaner with the stock half-doors when going through muck. Power, the Ranger wins handily.

Now, if you had said hill country deer lease, I’d say the Mule 6 times out of 10 👍

Comment

I haven't searched for a side x side in a few years. When I bought mine, Honda was the only one without drive belts. That sold me, I hate drive belts!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Ranger XP 900, it is awesome.
                      My BIL has a mule. I think he really likes it, but I can't ever hear what he is saying from waaaaaaaaaaay back there.

Comment

I have a defender max xt1000. We bought it after my in-laws owned a mule pro-fxt. The mule is great at being able to switch from 3 seater to 6 seater, but when in 3 seater mode you cannot haul very much as the bed is just to small.

The defender has the full size bed and my wife has loaded it down with two 65 gal water tots full.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                          You reading comprehension sucks about as bad as your choice in sxs

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            You said for Duck Hunting mainly, so here’s some user specific facts on the vehicles you suggested. The Mule DOES NOT have a locking front diff AND WEIGHS OVER 600 lbs more than the Ranger. The Ranger will go through marsh and mud much better than the Mule AND has a lot more bed space with both vehicles crew seat platform. The Ranger has more comfortable seats for all passengers. The Mule wins in engine reliability (although I’ve never had an issue with my Ranger other than a fuel pump) and keeping passengers cleaner with the stock half-doors when going through muck. Power, the Ranger wins handily.

Now, if you had said hill country deer lease, I’d say the Mule 6 times out of 10 👍
                            Good points about the weight issue. For the most part all of the driving is done on top of levees. Its pretty rare we have to go through deep mud.

Comment

I am going to wait to see the New Yamaha Wolverine x2. I am a yamaha guy but hated how loud there sxs was, the x2 suppost to be very quiet. Also a 850cc twin engine and a bit more compact.

Comment

I'd say mule pro fxt all the way.. I had a Polaris Sportsman and a Polaris ranger crew 800.. both of them had lots of problems.. I still have the old rattle your teeth out mule with 1500 or so hours and done nothing but maintenance on it.. I also have a 2016 mule pro fxt that I love.. SO much smoother and way quieter than my ranger I had and it always runs..

Comment

Working...
                                X