No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a small buck came by early morning, after that nothing.

But it was nice to be in the woods.

Comment

Nothing for me but maybe the evening hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
        Nothing for me but maybe the evening hunt!
        Mo gooda luq to ya Switchback.

Comment

I'll let you know how it goes in about and hour and a half.

Comment

Well I finally had deer come in. 3 doe that I had on camera. They came in about 6:45. I shot the big old mature doe at about 20 yds. I was up in a tree about 30' so it was a hard angle shot. Never knew I was there. I had to shoot her high to get lungs. Came out center of opposite shoulder. Complete pass thru. She only went about 40 yds. I have missed deer the last couple of years and think its because I've been using my reading glasses. Tonight I decided to use my prescription glasses for my aiming eye. I think that's been my problem. I've used both sets of glasses at home and they both seem fine but I've only shot during the day with them. Getting old sucks. This is the first deer I've taken in a few years. Since I started having problems with eyes and needing glasses. But I have shot some pigs the last few years. Sorry about the crappy pic but my 6 plus finally fried the mother board and had to go back to my old phone. Camera isn't very good at all. At least now the monkey is finally off my back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	24514137
            Last edited by switchback; 10-09-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Great job switchback !

Comment

Out here again this morning. That was not a fun boat ride...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, Switchback!!

Comment

Wish I could be out there this morning... I'll be there tomorrow for an evening hunt.

Comment

Congrats on the harvest, looks tasty. Gonna get back after it this afternoon and all day tomorrow before a spine procedure Thursday. Good luck y’all.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have to go back to work tomorrow. Good luck to the ones out today

Comment

I tried this morning but between the rain and the swirling wind I gave in. I probably could have dealt with the rain as I almost waited it out but when every 15 minutes my wind was blowing right towards the corn I finally just gave up. I did learn something though, don't trust the weather! When I got up it was raining but the storm showed that it would miss my hunting spot, when I got out there though it had shifted its direction more to the east and rained on me for two hours. Lesson learned? If it's close just bring the pop up

Comment

Man if it wasnt so windy ide hunt this afternoon.

Comment

Awesome switchback congrats on a some awesome meat

Comment

Nice deer, congrats man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X