3d competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d competition

I haven't competitively shot 3d since 2011. I have always shot my hunting equipment, just using field points instead of broadheads. I was using an A&H, ACS, 55lbs@28", with 620 grain arrows. We weren't a large club so our trad classes consisted of Men's Longbow, Men's Recurve, and Ladies trad. I shot in the longbow class and won my class championship. That was the year I turned 65 so I think I stacked up pretty well against the young bucks. Incidentally, that year, my wife, shooting a Massie Longhorn longbow, 40 lbs@26" with 500gr arrows won the class championship in Ladies Trad.
    Attached Files

I like the arrows, good idea

Comment

Way to go Phillip and Nancy! I am still in the 3D thing pretty heavy. I have a bunch of fun shooting and hanging out with my friends!!!

Bisch

Comment

Phillip that's awesome. Keep at it and keep showing those younguns how it's done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We've been thinking about getting back into some 3d. There is only one club in our area that has a decent 3d trad shoot and that is just over an hour away. I'm not sure I could still be competitive.

Comment

Going to shoot one this Friday at the bowzone in spring. This will be my second shoot.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats, Phillip! Cool arrow awards!

As far as shooting hunting equipment: to me, it seems like the only way to go if you're a hunter. I mean, everything about the activity is theoretically designed to simulate hunting -- the foam animals, their "kill zones" (which are somewhat debatable regarding reality for some ), shooting a single arrow, distances, placement of animals among obstructions, etc. It all seems to try and evoke as near a hunting experience as possible. So, yes, I use my hunting set-up, with the same weight field tips screwed in as the broadheads I plan to use hunting.

The other aspect of 3D is creating a little bit of competitive "pressure" to make the best shots possible to score -- as one would want to make the best shots possible on live game. Blurring that reality -- between shooting at a foam-versus-real animal -- to heighten focus on each shot is what makes 3D shooting a more effective hunting practice tool than merely shooting at a bag target.

Comment

That's awesome Phillip!!

Comment

Working...
                  X