Kansas bound!!! Semi live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas bound!!! Semi live!

Decided I couldn’t wait any longer with temps below freezing Until Tuesday and snow falling for 12 hours in the next day. Caci helped me get all my stuff packed and even made me some food to take as well. I completely feel like I’m taking too much stuff but that seems to be the feeling when going on any hunt. Should roll in around 3 pm. If I can shave it to 2 (which I doubt bc I have to make a stop at academy) then I may try to hop in a tree this afternoon. If not, I’ll drive and scout and get an idea of the plans for Monday morning. Hopefully I can find some timber to sneak into that’s between bedding and feeding Monday. Then I’ll get cams (7 of them) out and rolling and hopefully locate a deer of interest.

Any advice from you fellow Kansas hunters would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck and safe travels.

Comment

Good luck DD!

Comment

Rolling through Ennis on I-45 north watching this new tundra get 7 mpg towing a 14’ camper. Lol

Comment

Headed up next Sunday myself with my son. One buddy rolled in yesterday and another arriving today. They will be scouting and setting stands and all the hard work and I shall reap the benefits of their hard work, lol. Have you been to your destination before?

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
            Headed up next Sunday myself with my son. One buddy rolled in yesterday and another arriving today. They will be scouting and setting stands and all the hard work and I shall reap the benefits of their hard work, lol. Have you been to your destination before?

I have not. I’ve never hunted in Kansas until this year and hunting public. Although a really nice gentleman from Kansas has a few farms in the unit I’ll be in and told me to let him know if I’m not seeing much bc he may have a stand or two on one of his farms I could hunt.

So I’m headed up blind and going to hunt a couple spots I E scouted for a couple days then run cams on several public spots and run and gun until I find a mature deer.

Comment

What unit? How much WIHA available?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Unit 8 and 9. More wiha than I could scout in a season as well as Tuttle creek wma.

Comment

I’d post a pic but apparently I’ve reached my Tapatalk image upload amount for the month. Didn’t even know that was a thing. Lol

Comment

Be real careful of your cameras security. Game cameras and public ground do not go together very well brother. Do not be shy talking to locals. That farmer can be a great resource so talk to him as soon as possible after you arrive and let him know you are there.

Comment

Good luck. Lot of big KS bucks fell yesterday.

Comment

Be real careful of your cameras security. Game cameras and public ground do not go together very well brother. Do not be shy talking to locals. That farmer can be a great resource so talk to him as soon as possible after you arrive and let him know you are there.

I hear you on cams on public. I put them in brushy spots about 10-12’ off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            Good luck. Lot of big KS bucks fell yesterday.

Yep. That’s how it happens. All the big ones get kilt or run off before I get there! Oh well, I’ll just have to shoot the first 2.5 year old I see. lol

Comment

I'll be in Unit 9 as well on Friday/Saturday. Wish I was gonna be up there this week to hunt this front!

Comment

Working...
                              X