Finally time for a quail hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally time for a quail hunt

Finally had some time and somewhat cool Weather (72 degrees in south Texas) and was able to get my ol girl Dakota on some birds. Took the new pup out and she had no clue what she was doing, but got to watch her and at least play with the dead birds for a bit. Will hopefully get one more hunt before it ends.
    Attached Files

That's good stuff...

Comment

good friend of mine went this past weekend and to S. Texas looking for some. They did not have much luck but they had a great time. Always fun to get the dogs out and working

Comment

Good dogs!

Comment

Looks awesome! Great looking dogs!

Comment

I took my dog out last weekend for an hour or so and found a couple of coveys. He will be 14 in a week, so every one might be his last.

Them are some good looking shorthairs, Red.
            Last edited by El General; 02-14-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

good deal!!

Comment

Looks like a good day.

Comment

Oh to be following a couple of good dogs in good quail country. Taking pups out with an older dog so they can see how it is done is the easiest training you can do. They still need basic obedience, but if they got it, they will naturally fall into being good bird dogs.

I have heard it said "it is a rich man indeed, that has quail in his freezer".

Comment

Good looking Draht[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing better than watching a bird dog working.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Thats awesome. Glad yall got on some birds. I havent been on a true quail hunt in over 30 yrs. Growing up my granpa always had a kennel of 6-7 pointers and I swear he quail hunted everyday of the season. Some of the best times I ever had in the woods was with him and his dogs. Sure miss those days.

Comment

Nice!
                            It is always a great time in the field with pointers and shorthairs.

Comment

I went yesterday afternoon near Tarpley. "Liberated" birds, but it was fun to get out and shoot some birds. Love watching the dogs work.

Comment

Working...
                              X