Crossbow info ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow info ?

Starting to think about picking up a crossbow for my 8 year old girl . She really wants to go hunting and shoot a deer . Since my wife shot a doe this morning it’s my turn to hunt . I will be taking Baylee with me the days she is not in school . She won’t be hunting this year .Anyways what would be a decent crossbow for her to start with ? My boy will also be shooting it in a few years.

What is your budget? I have an Excalibur and love it as it’s easy to work on and simple. If in your budget may get one with a crank so they can load it themselves with out the rope cocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been very happy with my centerpoint sniper 370. It’s around $250 brand new with a decent scope and a adjustable stock. You will need to upgrade to some better quality bolts. Search on here you will find several post on this subject.

Comment

Centerpoint Sniper 370. You can get one for around $250 and they are really good crossbows for the money. The arrows it comes with are not good so I bought some Carbon Express bolts instead. The stock in adjustable so it works great for kids. My daughters can drill the bullseye out to 50 yards all day long with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
          Centerpoint Sniper 370. You can get one for around $250 and they are really good crossbows for the money. The arrows it comes with are not good so I bought some Carbon Express bolts instead. The stock in adjustable so it works great for kids. My daughters can drill the bullseye out to 50 yards all day long with it.
          Yep. Agree with this.

Comment

The only x-bow I've ever used are the Killer Instinct brand. I've got 2 of them a KI-350 (that's the x-bow's speed 350 fps) and a KI Hero 380. Excellent x-bows, well designed, great customer service. No trick on getting the Hero 380 for under $200.00 on sale at Cabelas.

All that being said, I'd advise you to concentrate on x-bows that have adjustable stocks for your kids. If you are close to a Cabelas, they will allow you, as well as your kids - under your supervision, to test fire the x-bows before you buy them.

Best of luck - you have my respect for working to introduce your kids to shooting and hunting at such an early age.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Centerpoint 370 is an incredible value. You can modify it to an extent that it morphs into an incredible crossbow.... comparable to others costing 3x/4x more. From a functional standpoint mine drives tacks. Go research it on "Crossbow Nation."

Comment

I'm another one for the Centerpoint. I bought the Easton XX75 magnum 2219 bolts and NAP Spitfire 100 gr 1 1/2" mechanical crossbow broadheads. Had a complete pass through on a doe a few weeks ago at 40 yards, and the bolt stuck in a sapling 15 yards behind it. She only ran about 30 yards. I also had to upgrade my scope. The one that came with it would not allow me to fully adjust the reticle ie the dial was so far out that putting the cap back on would move the dial. I bought a used 10 point crossbow scope from someone here, and now it's a tack driver.

Comment

I love my Excalibur

Comment

Wicked Ridge Invader with the crank cock is what I got for my wife. Anybody that’s messed with it could load with ease. She killed a nice buck with it this year

Comment

Thanks guys . Will check these out .

Comment

Another vote for sniper 370. Wife and son both shoot these

Comment

Another vote for the sniper 370. Daughter and grandson shoot em and they are tackdrivers. Great setup and wont break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                            I love my Excalibur
                            Lots of good crossbow’s on the market. One item that was a selling point on the Excalibar was it is a recurve. I can do a string change in the field if needed. No need to take this crossbow to a bow shop to have it re-strung.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                            X