No announcement yet.

Boazman's Quatro B Ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey switchbk... i cant email you because you dont allow that. but myself and two friends are going out to boazman next tue. and was wondering where you would recomend setting up? i would not mind seeing a a couple hundred hawgs like you did!!!

Comment

Hey guys I just got back from there this weekend. To say I had a great time is an understatement! Caleb is the guide and ranch manager, he will do anything for you he possibly can. When asked where I wanted to hunt I simply said put me where you want and he did. On Sat morn I watched pigs just out of range, then Axis, whitetail, Red Stag all within range yet I chose not to shoot. Sat night I shot a beautiful Corsican ram, chose one out of the 20 or so that walked in. Watched more axis, whitetails and then black buck in front of me after shooting the ram. Shortly after they all came out 20+ hogs descended upon me, I shot about a 150 pound russian boar. This morning I shot a black buck after 3 walked in on me. I walked through the 20 and 5 acre hog pins seeing 2 hogs. I chose to leave at noonish today so I could deal with 3 animals in my cooler and not add a 4th or 5th. I wish I were going back soon! I had a blast, you will also. Let Caleb put you where you need to be and he will do it. Sit still these animals are not dumb, they know they are there to be hunted but if I can take 3 animals that fast and pass up the amounts I did you will have success as well.

Enjoy and if I can help clarify any questions I am more than willing to do so.

Comment

Congrats!! Did you see very many axis and the same about Blackbuck.

Comment

I saw only one axis doe, the 3 bucks I had in front of me were all shooters and one of them was a huge buck! I had alot of black buck does around me, the first black buck had about a 9 inch horn, the 3 that came in on me were nice, one had alot of black on him with a full 3 spirals and pretty tall. I left him for others as I never got the clear shot on him. There is a very nice all black one roaming out there also. Guarantee that Caleb knows where they live and will put you on them, just be cordial and tell him to put you where you need to be in his opinion and he will do it.

There is a really nice black hawaiin that is king of the rams I saw now, he was number 2 last weekend but now he is number 1...lol (sinister laugh)...

You should have zero issues getting anything you want out there, just sit still and stay on stand. Some guys who were there when I was were out of the stand by 8 am, the animals were really moving hard at 8 am until 10:30. Sit as long as you can and wait alittle longer, it will pay off. Have Caleb pick you up late rather than early in the morning.

Comment

I see they have whitetail also. Wondering what class of bucks I would see and how do they respond around all the exotics?

Comment

P'Duck,
              Did you see any or hear any turkey while you were there?

Comment

Deathrow and I went the first of January and saw a group of turkeys on our tour of the ranch after that heard them but never saw them again.

Comment

just got back and man, that was great. animals everywhere and great quality. amazing people as well. caleb rocks. you should all go atleast once and give them your best. because there are alot of animals, dont think its a walk in the park. these animals are not pets nor are they dumb. they know almost all the tricks. take your "A" game and listen to caleb, and you will be very pleased.

Comment

Seems like a great deal.
                    Last edited by JHT; 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry for not responding earlier I have been transferred to Ky by good old Uncle Sam so have not been around much.

I heard turkeys while I was there just never saw any. Now mind you I did not try to call them or anything.

I can say that I am looking forward to going back before I deploy to Iraq in Sep/Oct time frame. Need to get on a good 4 legged hunt before I go across the pond.

Comment

I didn't have that good luck when I was down there but the place is sure great, Caleb and Doug are some top nice people for sure. I had my chances on axis but was decided to go for a black buck and ended up empty but the fun tank was full for sure!

Comment

I'm new here, but I've been to Boazman's twice this year, once in Jan and once in late Feb. The price went up to $100/day for hogs between the 2 hunts. I shot a hog each trip and a bonus ewe sheep the second trip. Caleb was excellent and, because of a poor shot on my part, his tracking dogs got me the sheep. They are great!

I did see turkeys on the January hunt but they weren't there late in February. I asked Caleb about it and he said he'd not seen them in a while.

The Quatro B is one of my favorite places to hunt. I saw very nice axis bucks, one beautiful blackbuck, several nice rams. A big herd of auodad came in both hunts but I didn't see any really nice ones. I saw lots of whitetails but no nice bucks. One of the other guys in the Jan hunt saw a 12point. I probably saw close to 100 hogs a day in Jan, much less in Feb, but the weather had been very hot and I think they were coming out late. I hunted from impromptu ground blinds to kill all 3 animals.

George

Comment

gr_elliott
                            Go ahead and ask Doug about your dog, they have a good sized pen to hold several dogs, I dont think he wouldn't mind to make some space for yours.

Y'all should ask if the ranch's house is still available... it's a few extra bucks but totally worth it me and my family tried it last year and came back really happy.

Comment

awsome glad you had fun
                              Did the axis come in close?

Comment

Originally posted by P'duck View Post
                                ... Sat night I shot a beautiful Corsican ram ... I shot about a 150 pound russian boar ... I shot a black buck ...
                                Which package did you buy?

Comment

Working...
                                X