Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5,644 views so far. Talk about publicity!

Comment

My 2 cents, which probaly ain't worth that..

Seems like just a bad case of not getting ducks in a row. I know there is a soft spot when you are talking about soldiers, especially wounder warriors. It is easy to get peeved at a situation gone wrong. Miscommunication is the issue and I don't think anyone is to blame.

The OP could have done a better job with handling the "before" (which I feel he knows by now.)
      And honestly, you can't expect a company (which is what the ranch is) to open doors to anyone, especially wounded veterans in the wrong conditions. They didn't have the necessary paperwork for them, and thus didn't want to take what could have been a huge liability.
      Had someone have gotten hurt while they knew the ranch was not at its best, it could fall back on them!

Lesson to learn from everyone, get paperwork, speak directly to all parties involved and document all actions.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        If I let someone hunt on my property for free how is a tax man going to even find out about it? And why would they care? I'm confused..
        If the ranch/owner claims an $X amount of donation to a non-profit and the non-profit isn't legit, the ranch/owner just filed a false tax return, which equals big problems for the Ranch/owner.

I sounds like to me the dip **** in this whole mess is Michael, whether intentional or unintentional.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
          I am sorry but this thread has become a he said she said and in my opinion should be deleted.
          Not trying to be a rude or anything but if thats the case dont follow this thread. Main reason OP posted his opinion and how he felt about the situation everyone else posted their .02 cents. He wasn't trying to bash EQR but expressing his feelings of I got screwed for other reasons and promised WW a place to hunt and a get away from what troubles they might be going threw.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            If the ranch/owner claims an $X amount of donation to a non-profit and the non-profit isn't legit, the ranch/owner just filed a false tax return, which equals big problems for the Ranch/owner.

I sounds like to me the dip **** in this whole mess is Michael, whether intentional or unintentional.
            But the ranch said it's not about money. The owner is a very successful businessman remember. Why would a few thousand bones make a difference? He doesn't have to say he donated X amount of dollars worth of hunts.

Comment

the dip **** in this whole mess is Michael, whether intentional or unintentional.
              +1

Comment

I understand if they try to use it as a write off. Now were are back to the money... It was a hog hunt.
                I wouldn't try and declare anything. Come Killum all. For free!!

I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  But the ranch said it's not about money. The owner is a very successful businessmanremember. Why would a few thousands bones make a difference?

Money is a loose term. In business money is everything. Where it goes, where it comes from, who gave what.. (due to uncle sam)

In this case, It wasn't about the profit.

But you have to understand that it is a business. They have to cover paper trails for everything. Businesses have write offs and deductions and payrolls, etc.

When you open you familys ranch to a group of hunters it is completely different that open arms are a ranch that is his "source of income". You have to balance the books. The business was going to have costs associated with this hunt and they were not 100% sure it was a legit non-profit org.!

Comment

But the ranch said it's not about money. The owner is a very successful businessman remember. Why would a few thousand bones make a difference? He doesn't have to say he donated X amount of dollars worth of hunts.
                    They can say it isn't about money all they want. When it comes to money, especially limiting tax liabilities it's always about money.

Comment

So because ranch owner is wealthy, he is not entitled to get every legal tax DEDUCTION possible? Without proper paper trail owner would not be able to take this deduction.

Landowner was not making any money in hunt, but by donating, he was getting hunt value as donation expense for tax purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                        Money is a loose term. In business money is everything. Where it goes, where it comes from, who gave what.. (due to uncle sam)

In this case, It wasn't about the profit.

But you have to understand that it is a business. They have to cover paper trails for everything. Businesses have write offs and deductions and payrolls, etc.

When you open you familys ranch to a group of hunters it is completely different that open arms are a ranch that is his "source of income". You have to balance the books. The business was going to have costs associated with this hunt and they were not 100% sure it was a legit non-profit org.!
                        This, especially last sentence.

Comment

Long thread! Glad it worked out
                          Last edited by Meatstick; 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                            So because ranch owner is wealthy, he is not entitled to get every legal tax DEDUCTION possible? Without proper paper trail owner would not be able to take this deduction.

Landowner was not making any money in hunt, but by donating, he was getting hunt value as donation expense for tax purposes.
                            I don't care that the landowner is wealthy or what he does. I'm just saying don't come on here saying it's not about the money and how successful he is when they're so worried about tax deductions, which would probably not be but a thousand bucks or so.

Comment

Working...
                            X