No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer are moving. Took guy out yesterday set up stand and got him his first deer with a bow. It was a spike but we got to start some place and it will probably make some good summer sausage. Took all of about 20 min. to get one shot. Pretty good for public hunting. If you don't mind the rain should be good hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal85 View Post
      Deer are moving. Took guy out yesterday set up stand and got him his first deer with a bow. It was a spike but we got to start some place and it will probably make some good summer sausage. Took all of about 20 min. to get one shot. Pretty good for public hunting. If you don't mind the rain should be good hunting.
      What section?Im at b6 at whitney. already filled my tag at aquilla. Havmt seen much lately except bunch of duck and deer hunters

Comment

Wonder how wet it is there today?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Wonder how wet it is there today?
          From what I've seen it hasn't killed any frogs yet.

Comment

Well I just had that young thick mass buck come in on a grunt call he ate a few bites then took off after looking out in the pasture. Then a coyote came trotting up the Creek a few minutes later. Wish I could have put him down I was trying to get that deer recorded.
            Last edited by Ender; 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Good luck to anyone out this morning.

Comment

Anyone been out in the last couple of days?

Comment

I was out a little and didn't see any in my area, got big hog problem though corn don't last the night.

Comment

Going out Saturday to put out some feed haven't hunt Whitney for couple years sense i got a lease figure sense i got couple weeks off of work stay close to the house and try to get my first bow kill

Comment

TG, you probably already know this but the old Caddo Grill has re-opened. Don't remember the name but it is a steak house now. A little pricey for a fixed income but the food was good.

Comment

Have to check it out thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                          TG, you probably already know this but the old Caddo Grill has re-opened. Don't remember the name but it is a steak house now. A little pricey for a fixed income but the food was good.
                          I saw that last Wednesday when driving back. Surprised me kinda. Glad to see it open. More jobs for some people in need. Maybe I can get a job there as a taste tester.

Comment

It's a little after midnight. Headin out about 2am - taking the honey to hunt this mornin. Probably last time into the woods this season, but spending it on the hunt is just so sweet.

Been nearly a month since I shot my bow - those nice groups I had been getting at 50 yds were no where to be found. Instead it took most of my session yesterday to get a nice group at 20. So we may actually be deer "watching" tomorrow unless they come to pee under our tree.

Anybody leave any deer out there for us? Will shoot anything legal to put meat in the freezer. Aaaand my wife said if I killed a deer this year with my bow (it'll be my first) then I can buy a Lone Wolf Alpha and climbin' sticks for next year.

Wish us luck.............

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
                              It's a little after midnight. Headin out about 2am - taking the honey to hunt this mornin. Probably last time into the woods this season, but spending it on the hunt is just so sweet.

Been nearly a month since I shot my bow - those nice groups I had been getting at 50 yds were no where to be found. Instead it took most of my session yesterday to get a nice group at 20. So we may actually be deer "watching" tomorrow unless they come to pee under our tree.

Anybody leave any deer out there for us? Will shoot anything legal to put meat in the freezer. Aaaand my wife said if I killed a deer this year with my bow (it'll be my first) then I can buy a Lone Wolf Alpha and climbin' sticks for next year.

Wish us luck.............
                              Best of luck to you . I'd have her buy a popup instead with this new weather we're having.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X