No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It came out of Roberts texas just east of Temple. The guy hauling it is taking it straight to a taxidermist he never said what they're doing with the meat.

Comment

I'm all for mounting trophy but I hope the meat goes to good use

Comment

Gonna try to make it to Whitney this weekend. How has the rut activity been? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter01 View Post
          It's amazing how folks simply can't follow the rules. They are probably the same guys that leave there stands up, leave trash and no telling what else. Most of these people wouldn't have a place to hunt if it wasn't for the public land yet they treat it like it's no value in regard to the rules. No respect.

I love this place lots of good guys out there. Met a few of them. Someday there may not be public land to venture on and enjoy. We are lucky we got what we got. It just seems people take certain things for granted and don't care. Good luck guys. Follow the rules.
          I have come across 2 permanent stands while scouting. One had bark penetrating steps...

Comment

Be careful parking out there guys.... my truck got hit Sunday night as I was walking out of the woods. The lady said she was plugging in her cell phone. She ran right into my parked truck which may or may not be totalled. It's a good thing I wasn't getting in it when it was hit. She was okay too but our cars were both undriveable. There are some areas where you have to park on the side of the road. I hunt alone so I don't have anyone to drop me off and there is no other way to get to the acces point...

Comment

Originally posted by Top sight View Post
              Gonna try to make it to Whitney this weekend. How has the rut activity been? Thanks
              Slow. But hopefully soon it will be bucks seeking hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                Slow. But hopefully soon it will be bucks seeking hard.
                I think it started. Last weekend but don't give up you could score something good today.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  I think it started. Last weekend but don't give up you could score something good today.
                  Where they slowly tailing or chasing?

Comment

Best one to ask would be the ones that have seen numbers of deer. I know the one I was chasing has been taken and he quit coming to corn.

Comment

The small 8 and 4 pt I saw were just starting to darken up on the hocks

Comment

Originally posted by ceg0106 View Post
                        I have come across 2 permanent stands while scouting. One had bark penetrating steps...
                        Found 2 at B-3 so far as well....

Comment

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
                          Found 2 at B-3 so far as well....
                          Best thing to do is report them to COE.

Comment

Best thing to do is report them to COE.
                            I just keep to me. LOL! I'm not reporting something like that. Id be happy to report a serious infraction such as poaching or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
                              I just keep to me. LOL! I'm not reporting something like that. Id be happy to report a serious infraction such as poaching or what not.
                              So if somebody breaks the rules we're supposed to follow your ok with that. ? That's why there are feeders and permanent stands out there right now no one wants to call it in. Just call them ,let them know what you found and give them the corrdinates. These so called. Hunters are the ones who claim a spot and screw it up for all .

Comment

So if somebody breaks the rules we're supposed to follow your ok with that. ? That's why there are feeders and permanent stands out there right now no one wants to call it in. Just call them ,let them know what you found and give them the corrdinates. These so called. Hunters are the ones who claim a spot and screw it up for all .
                                Yea, I hear you. Id be the guy setting up right next to their fixed stand as often as I could so that they would eventually take it down or it would at least give me the opportunity to talk to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X