Property planning consultant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a consultant to help me plan trails, stands and feeders on my lease for next year.

I got on a lease in east TX that is only 250 acres but has got some unbelievable habitat for the deer to disappear into. Once the season started this year they were almost impossible to find. I had cameras all over the place and they would mostly show up at night.

I've got to get serious about planning for this next season now or I'm going to have an major over population situation.

I recently contacted Dr James Kroll (Dr Deer) about doing this and got a response from his wife. They want $2000 to come out and look at my 250 acres plus travel and lodging expense.

I seriously cannot see it taking more than 2 hours to tour the property and just can't bring myself to pay anyone $1000/hour to do anything.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I really am willing to pay someone for their professional opinion and time but not this kind of money.

PM sent

Comment

Bump

Comment

what county? post an aerial view of property and you will get plenty of suggestions, or go on east texas hunters thread and gather info or pm someone. There are plenty of people on here that hunt that terrain and can help you out.

Comment

Id be curious for the same qualified advice on a 500 acre property in montage county.

Comment

For East Texas I would get in touch with gar Guy on here. He kills some monster bucks every year

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
              what county? post an aerial view of property and you will get plenty of suggestions, or go on east texas hunters thread and gather info or pm someone. There are plenty of people on here that hunt that terrain and can help you out.

It's in Leon county near Oakwood, bordering Freestone county. I don't know if posting an aerial pic will do any good. You seriously will only see tree tops with the exception of a lake and food plot. Maybe a topo map might help so they could see the elevations but I'm not so sure that would help.

Comment

I'm a wildlife biologist. I can't advertise here, but you could always email me at splitcreekwildlife@gmail.com.

-I have worked with Dr. Kroll

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                  I'm a wildlife biologist. I can't advertise here, but you could always email me at splitcreekwildlife@gmail.com.

-I have worked with Dr. Kroll

Thanks Sippy! I just forwarded you the same email I sent to them.
                  Jim Guillory

Comment

For east Texas I would read anything by garguy

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                      X