Brisket guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket guys?

Brisket cap, up are down? i do down. but how about you? 175 are 225?1hr15 per pound? thanks and have a great weekend!

fat up.....never really got too particular on time per pound, just watched it and they turn out good, i usually hang around 220 for temp

Comment

here was a recent discussion on it...

Comment

fat down for 1 hr. fat up for 5 -6 hrs, wrap in foil and go another 3 hrs. always use oak, keep around 225-250

Comment

Temp around 240 w/fat side down. I don't really keep up with the time since I put my wireless meat thermometer on 185 and it goes off when it hits the temp. I never wrap in foil.

Comment

I have cooked briskets both fat side up and down! IMO you will not be able to taste the difference.

Although some people believe in it, I would never wrap it in foil. If youre going to do that then you might as well just cook it in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by carneyman87 View Post
              I have cooked briskets both fat side up and down! IMO you will not be able to taste the difference.

Although some people believe in it, I would never wrap it in foil. If youre going to do that then you might as well just cook it in the oven.
              X-2 on the no foil thing. The fat down helps keep the bottom from burning

Comment

I usually trim most of the fat off, then cook approximately 1 hour per pound at 225*F or until my Thermapen says 185 internal temp.

No foil until after the cook. I wrap it up and let it rest for an hour or so then slice, chop, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  I usually trim most of the fat off, then cook approximately 1 hour per pound at 225*F or until my Thermapen says 185 internal temp.

No foil until after the cook. I wrap it up and let it rest for an hour or so then slice, chop, etc.

Salt is spot on... exactly how I did mine last week

a meat thermometer is priceless .... $20 at Academy

Comment

cooking one this weekend......i'll let ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Never trim a brisket. It will dry it out too much.

Comment

Fat down, about 225 smoking with oak, hickory, or pecan. When it hits 185 to 190 internal temp I take it off and wrap it in a clean towel and drop it in a cooler. Leave it for about an hour or longer if your not ready to eat yet. I usually have a hard time waiting the hour!

Comment

Originally posted by pjnbb047
                          maybe josh johnson is not so popular and shining, maybe other pitchers have had more fanfare and more recognition, but none of them played better than johnson this season. He pitched like the mlb’s best. Johnson racked up 11 strikeouts while surrendering one run over 6 1/3 innings on thursday afternoon in the marlins' 3-2 win over the rockies at sun life stadium. The 26-year-old florida marlins ace continues to amaze and flirt with benchmarks that don't come along very often.although he didn't get the victory, johnson ran his string of starts of working at least six innings while allowing no more than two runs to 13 consecutive games. It's the longest such stretch since greg maddux also had 13 in 1995.you have to go back to mike scott in 1986 to find the last pitcher with 14.the way johnson -- who is 10-3 with an mlb-best 1.61 era -- has performed all season, an argument can be made that no pitcher in the big leagues has been better.josh johnson has played better and better year after year and his performance this season is amazing. With johnson on the mound, all the florida marlins feel that they can win. His consistency and the streaks are amazing.
                          huh?

Comment

plenty salt n pepper i use mesquite 250 for three hours 1 hour fat side on bottom 2 hours fat on top then finish off in the roaster oven (you know them big white ones) until the interior of the brisket reaches a temp of 180, borracho beans, rice, flour tortillas, side of bbq sauce, and plenty of salsa.mmmmmmm

Comment

bbq rub turn every hour an half mopp every time you turn smoke about 5-6 hours wrap pour alil mop iin the foil to keep it from dring out keep in foil about 2 hours and let sit abou 30 mins to an hour and the chow down

Comment

Working...
                              X