No announcement yet.

Spray to kill all plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to a local Co-Op and tell them what you want to do, they have the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
      how well does it work on broad leaf vines etc?
      The two that I had were small and not established so when they burned off I was able to pull the rest out by hand. From what I have read it most effective on vines by burning them off at ground level after you have cut off the tops.

Or bring in some goats if you are in a rural area.

Comment

[Also, beyond dandelions what else is it effective on?[/QUOTE]

Whatever it touches it is non-selective.

And as far as a large scale, that is a good question. Some feed/tack stores specialize in organics some don't. If you are up early in the morning I would call Bob Webster's show on KTSA 550AM from 5-9am on Saturdays. He as an organic garden show, organic nursery, and is a rancher as well. Or call his nursery Shades of Green in San Antonio. They can steer you in the right direction.
        Last edited by .270; 05-25-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

BK-32. Careful what you spray it on though. I used this stuff to kill poison ivy, and it killed much more in the surrounding area, including some of my grass along the fence the poison ivy was crawling on. If there are ornamental trees or plants you want to keep nearby, be sure you aren't allowing the spray to drift in the wind, or it's gone too. This stuff is basically a defoliant. You have to wait about 3 weeks before replanting anything.

All the best,
          Glenn

Comment

If you use round up go to tractor supply and get the pronto big n tuff. Same thing 1/2 the price.

Comment

Will the vinegar mix kill south texas brush?

Comment

20% vinegar needs to be used straight and it is 15$ a gallon. I think the tractor supply branded glyphosate is about 30$ a gallon and will make 80 gallons. Much more bang for the buck.

Comment

I have tried the vinegar/dawn mix on some small cedars?! but it didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'd love to find a more potent/chemical free mix I can use under/around oaks...

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                    Works really well if you had orange or lemon oil. Best applied during the heat of the day. Burns dandelions in minutes.
                    Just printed this recipe and anxious to try it!

Comment

[QUOTE=BosqueTech;8661138]I have tried the vinegar/dawn mix on some small cedars?! but it didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'd love to find a more potent/chemical free mix I can use under/around oaks...[/QUOTE

Did the Cedars already have bark on them? If so then that's why. Cut em down then spray the tender new growth. That'll hopefully help.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        Just printed this recipe and anxious to try it!
                        Becareful with stuff you don't want to kill. It is a non-selective herbicide. So it will kill and burn anything it touches.

Comment

The 20% stuff is $$$$! I wonder if diluting it to 10% would still get a good kill along with the orange oil?

Comment

[quote=.270;8663042]
                            Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
                            I have tried the vinegar/dawn mix on some small cedars?! but it didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'd love to find a more potent/chemical free mix I can use under/around oaks...[/QUOTE

Did the Cedars already have bark on them? If so then that's why. Cut em down then spray the tender new growth. That'll hopefully help.
                            Thanks .270. Yes, they were saplings. I guess I am looking for an "organic"-lazy man's method of spraying them while they are young and killing them so I don't have to cut them with loppers/skid steer later.

Comment

Working...
                            X