No announcement yet.

What's your financial story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the I want to party now mentality however, I get the save money as well. We got out of debt to not owe anyone. And guess what we still have to pay taxes on our house. So nothing is every really paid off. I would recommend get out debt, stay out of debt and live life.

Comment

What's your financial story?

Best thing I ever did was marry a very driven woman and very smart woman. She’s been known to take over my TBH account once in a blue moon.

She pays all the bills and mortgage and I pay for the cars and car insurance. We split the HOA and food bill. I transfer her money when she asks for it when those bills are due.

It’s worked for us for the last 14 years and o counts imagine it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Black Ice; 01-17-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

My wife and I both have good paying jobs. She has a shopping problem and had pretty good credit card debt when we met. She (we) no longer have credit card debt and the spending has gotten better.

We will be debt free by the end of this year except for the mortgage. We would be debt free now minus mortgage, but I invested that money into starting my business, "The Hunter Sight".

The goal is to have the house and our daughters college paid off in 5 to 10 years

We have 6 month emergency fund saved up. We both max out our 401k contributions
        Last edited by Beargrasstx; 01-17-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

What is the best Credit Card

Comment

Those that threw away their credit cards - were you all carrying a balance over some months, or did you just find that you spent less without plastic in your wallet?

Comment

Get out of debt, stay out of debt, fully fund your retirement( at least 15% of your combined income), live within your means, have 3-6months worth of living expenses saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
                Those that threw away their credit cards - were you all carrying a balance over some months, or did you just find that you spent less without plastic in your wallet?
                If you see cash leave your wallet it’s harder to spend and makes you think twice. Swiping the card is easy and less painful.

Comment

I stayed single with no kids, I'm doing well.

Comment

I'm a relatively young guy at 28. My heroes growing up were WW2 vets and my grandpa who lived through the depression. These guys distrusted the stock market and that always stuck with me.

I would love to hear if any of you all feel the same way. If so, what other ways did you invest your money?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      Get out of debt, stay out of debt, fully fund your retirement( at least 15% of your combined income), live within your means, have 3-6months worth of living expenses saved.
                      I agree with this. Something that will throw a wrench into everything is having to plan for a big future purchase. We are doing everything you mentioned, however, we have plans to buy land, and build our dream home sooner than later. This makes it extremely difficult to balance saving for retirement, living life, plus saving an unknown amount of cash (Over the 6 month emergency fund) that will be needed for land and a house. Once we are in our forever home, it will make things much easier since that huge purchase is not sitting out there in the future.

Comment

I did the Dave Ramsey plan and kind of follow it still. Still owe on house and 2 cars, but not much other debt. Use sinking funds to plan for expenses and currently saving my emergency income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell do what I did, get into debt nose deep, keeps life interesting, even at 59 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
                            I'm a relatively young guy at 28. My heroes growing up were WW2 vets and my grandpa who lived through the depression. These guys distrusted the stock market and that always stuck with me.

I would love to hear if any of you all feel the same way. If so, what other ways did you invest your money?
                            I feel the EXACT same way. I invest in land and businesses that I have some control over.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Hell do what I did, get into debt nose deep, keeps life interesting, even at 59 years old.
                              Bet it all....everyday.

Comment

At 62 I started my second million.
                                Gave up on the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X