New to protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to protein

Started a protein program about 3 weeks ago for the first time. So far only a small group of deer (4) are coming. Feeding LE 20% out of an outback 4 tube. Hardly any protein has been consumed. Just wait it out? Thoughts, ideas, help....ETC....

Consumption for us has been fairly slow so far this year. It will pick up the warmer and drier it gets. Mix in some corn at first to get them used to the protein and idea of eating out of the tubes!

Comment

Spin a corn feeder next to it for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish01 View Post
        Started a protein program about 3 weeks ago for the first time. So far only a small group of deer (4) are coming. Feeding LE 20% out of an outback 4 tube. Hardly any protein has been consumed. Just wait it out? Thoughts, ideas, help....ETC....
        Just give it more time. It takes a lil while til they come around on it sometimes.

Comment

Give em time, it's early and likely still green due to the mild winter.

They know it's there and when they need it will hit it. Just wait till the new antler growth starts to bud out. They're like a teenage boy when football practice starts.

You could also mix a little corn in or hand corn around it.

Comment

Spin feeder at same site still going. Did mix corn to start, I guess I need be patient. Thank you all !! I will post pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Spin a corn feeder next to it for a bit
              This and if possible put it close a water source

Comment

Working...
              X