Ring Doorbell Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Doorbell Question

Someone ransacked the wife’s car a few weeks ago (I left it u unlocked, oops). Wanting to do put up an outdoor camera to watch our driveway but don’t feel like dealing with wiring one up on the patio so I was looking at going the Ring Doorbell route. My concern is that the current doorbell is sandwiched between the door and the house and not on the opposite side of the door, anyone know if we can still expect a decent view down the driveway from where it’s located?

just have them move it to the other side but it will they have a huge field of view

Comment

It has a pretty wide field of view, but also comes with an angled mounting plate that you could down the driveway.

Comment

I got the package that has 2 cameras and the doorbell. I have one watching the driveway and one that covers the backyard and backdoor. They’re really easy to set up and when we had some packages stolen last year I just put the video on a thumb drive for local pd

Comment

You have 3 door bell options from Ring! The main two are wired for battery and rechargeable battery. I bout the hard wired and shimmed it up to face the street.
          I am super impressed with ring and you will not believe the crap that goes on when you are not home. We just proved to the USPS that they in fact did not deliver a package.

It will face your drive way the way it is set up. But if it were me in your shoes they make a Security light camera that is very cool. They recently launched an "anywhere" camera for indoors and out.

Best decision we have made. (except for my kids leaving me messages on their instead of calling) very funny stuff. I will use it for blackmail down the road.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys. For those of y’all that have added actual cameras, how difficult was the installation? I was thinking I would prefer a dedicated camera or two but I’m concerned about routing the wiring. We’re having a new second and third porch built the first week of December though so it would probably be a great time to add a backyard camera.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              Awesome thanks guys. For those of y’all that have added actual cameras, how difficult was the installation? I was thinking I would prefer a dedicated camera or two but I’m concerned about routing the wiring. We’re having a new second and third porch built the first week of December though so it would probably be a great time to add a backyard camera.
              The ring camera is a mounting bracket that screws in and then the camera clicks in to it. My batteries last about a month before they get low. You can adjust the angle really well. I like that I didn't have to run any wire or have restrictions on where I mounted them.

Comment

Yes you should get good range exactly where its at. Make sure to buy the premium $249 dollar model that detects motion and records without having to ring the doorbell

Comment

Look at the Arlo wireless cameras. Can get the at Best Buy and they work good

Comment

Don't get a battery powered one. Get one that you can mount underneath the porchlight and wire it into the light.

Comment

Check out blink. Just can't talk back on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X