Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutsy call on 4th and 2
    Great CATCH and very athletic "football move"
    Receiver was down once his right arm hit the field.
    Opponent made a desperate decision to challenge with one TO
    GB should've lost challenge and their last TO
    Cowboys then would've scored.
    And, watch the replay... Ball NEVER touched the ground. Receivers hand/forearm was under the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
      Had the boys got the catch they would have ran the ball for a TD. 27-26. Maybe not on the first play but if not they would have surely burned the clock in between plays. Go for 2 because you have nothing to lose but can force GB to have to score a TD to win.

That booth review took the win out of the Cowboys hands. It was a bad review. Either it was or the Cobb trap was. NFL can't have it both ways.
      didn't think of the 2 point conversion.

Comment

Horse ain't coming back alive, Rodgers for MVP

Comment

Comment

Here are a few other takes on the game:

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Sometimes you just can't beat that 12th man. That's the way football go.

Specially when his uniform is striped.

My take is this, with a mistake free game, turnovers and FG attempts, the Cowboys should've won by 2 tds yesterday, but they didn't. So, go pac!

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
                PLEASE KEEP THIS CIVIL

this is not meant as a bash on the cowboys. just my opinion of the days events. those that are fb friends with me will see this there.

ok so all day today all I've heard is the green bay and dallas game. specifically the catch no catch of dez Bryant. I've also heard how that catch, no catch cost the cowboys the game. this in my opinion is totally wrong and i'll do my best to explain.
                everyone knows there are three divisions of football. the offense, defense and special teams. let's start one by one explaining how each cost the cowboys the win on sunday.
                1st offense: the fumble by Demarcus murray cost the cowboys seven points by a green bay touchdown on the following drive.
                2nd special teams: dan bailey had the opportunity not only once but twice to make the field goal and failed on both attempts.
                so with the final score of the game being green bay 26 cowboys 21. these two factors alone. Demarcus murray not fumbling and dan bailey making the field goal would in essence bring the score to green bay 16 cowboys 21 cowboy win.
                now we come to the controversial call of no catch. that according to most cowboy fans cost them the game. here's where your wrong in my opinion. when dez was tackled at the one yard line there was still 4:30 left on the clock. now me watching many, many packer games. I feel I know for the most part what coach mccarthy is going to do. if the catch would have stood and the cowboys would have first and goal at the one. mr McCarthy would have allowed the run in touchdown to conserve the clock. now with the score 26 to 28 cowboys green bay would have started on the green bay 20 given that the cowboys would have just booted it into the endzone.now your asking your defense that hasn't gotten a pass rush worth a flip all afternoon to make a stand there and keep green bay out of field goal range(because that's all they needed to win the game). now the cowboy fans will say yes they could do it, but if they could do that then why with 4:30 left in the game could they not keep green bay to a three and out.(they ended up with two first downs in that series) giving the cowboys plenty of time to get the ball down the field for a touchdown. I've seen dallas do it quite a few times. now we come to the randall cobb trap catch that was trapped and according to most cowboys fans bounce off the turf. again the score being 26 to 21 take away the three points generated from the series the score would have been 23 to 21 green bay win. do I think the catch that dez made was a legit catch yes , but bear in mind that both this play and the cobb catch were both reviewed in the booth. i'm sorry for such a hard loss. wish it wouldn't have gone with a call like that. great work by the cowboys for a year that in all regard was suppose to be the worst year in cowboy history.

just to add I think that this rule along with a few others like the tuck rule should be taken out of the rule books so things like this don't happen to games

sincerely
                a green bay packer backer
                glad to have your take on the game I'll be able sleep better tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                  Gutsy call on 4th and 2
                  Great CATCH and very athletic "football move"
                  Receiver was down once his right arm hit the field.
                  Opponent made a desperate decision to challenge with one TO
                  GB should've lost challenge and their last TO
                  Cowboys then would've scored.
                  And, watch the replay... Ball NEVER touched the ground. Receivers hand/forearm was under the ball.
                  the rule has nothing to do with touching the ground. It is that the ball was secure though going to the ground. the ball went up his shoulder as he hit/rolled. When he was on his back in the end zone you see the ball clearly leave his possession and then grabs it with two hands.

I say that, and it may seem that I am a Packer fan... farthest thing from it. Actually a Bears fan so seeing the Packers win was about the worst thing for me. I have just seen the rules in play though out the year, and with no dog in the fight I see it a little different.

Matt

Comment

Let it go..let it go.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                      the rule has nothing to do with touching the ground. It is that the ball was secure though going to the ground. the ball went up his shoulder as he hit/rolled. When he was on his back in the end zone you see the ball clearly leave his possession and then grabs it with two hands.

I say that, and it may seem that I am a Packer fan... farthest thing from it. Actually a Bears fan so seeing the Packers win was about the worst thing for me. I have just seen the rules in play though out the year, and with no dog in the fight I see it a little different.

Matt
                      Ball never hit the ground.... From when it was picked up by the offensive center all the way until the receiver gave it to the umpire.

Comment

I'm done watching the NFL this year. Couldn't care less who wins out. We got screwed

Comment

Your take as a Packers fan... Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                            Your take as a Packers fan... Thanks...

Lol, I like it!

Comment

My take is that it was a very bad call,it happens,but it would have been a non issue if Rodgers would have had both legs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                                I'm done watching the NFL this year. Couldn't care less who wins out. We got screwed
                                I agree....
                                I hope it's the lowest rated SB in NFL history.

Comment

Working...
                                X