Who hunts Oaklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hunts Oaklahoma

I am going to be looking for a lease next year and it seems the prices in OK are cheaper. Seems there are some big body deer as well as some nice racks.

I like the idea of taking a road trip and hunting 4-5 days straight 3 or 4 times rather than hitting the lease every weekend.

If so????

Where in OK are you hunting?
    How much do you pay?
    Any bears?
    How far do you drive?
    How is the deer hunting?

Thanks!

Oklahoma��

Comment

I hunt NW OK, and my place is over 8 hours from my house. In the 15 years, I’ve been hunting up there, some seasons have been better than others. This year has not been productive.

I don’t lease but know a lot of people up there who do, and you can expect to pay around $10/acre.

Comment

I hunt in Pittsburg county and really enjoy it. If you are looking to lease you will most likely find yourself in Push, or McCurtain County because of the abundance of timber company land! Good luck!

Comment

I hunt in Haskell county and like Darton said I really enjoy it too! Very short drive down the turnpike from my house in Texas! After you cross the red river you'll never go back to leasing land in Texas! Season is longer and you can kill two bucks in your county. Good luck!

Comment

I hunt in Choctaw County on my 70 acres. I have really enjoyed it. Longer seasons and I have a bunch of deer on my small place. I'm not sure of the prices in the area, but I would say 10/ac. is about right. Like others have said, Push County will have lots of lease open because of all of the timber land in there. Lots of big deer in there, but some tough hunting. I live in Melissa, TX and it's only an hour and 45 minutes to my gate. Super easy to get to after work on a Friday.

Comment

Just getting started in Atoka county.

Comment

Panhandle
                Own don’t lease. My areas I think state walk in pays $2
                7-8 hour drive or more depending on winter weather
                No bears but I have pheasants, quail, ducks, pronghorn, WT, Mulies, and occasional herd of elk.
                Hunting is getting better but still not as good as pre-drought.

Comment

Working...
                X