Nicest Restaurant Ever !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicest Restaurant Ever !

What is the nicest place y'all have been to? Was it what you expected? Was it memorable? If you could go anywhere, were would you go?

I love good food, the Family loves watching all the cooking shows/competitions. I try every good restaurant I can get into. A few months ago I found out about a Michelin Star rating system. I quickly became infatuated, only to find that there are only 17 of these rated 3 stars within the US.

Me and the Better Half are headed back out to wine country in California, and I have booked a reservation at Single Thread. 3 star rated, and I'm flat out giddy. I will always have a soft spot for deep fried Southern greatness, but have more recently started to expand into other areas.

The French Laundry. It is a Michelin 3star.

Comment

We ate at a fancy restaurant in Houston one time for prom. Had ducks in a fountain out front. That was a nice touch. Nobody will get to experience that again though, because we had em in the limo on the way home. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        We ate at a fancy restaurant in Houston one time for prom. Had ducks in a fountain out front. That was a nice touch. Nobody will get to experience that again though, because we had em in the limo on the way home. [emoji16]

Where y'all at the China Star Chinese buffet? I love that place,

Comment

Very nice place.

The Oceanaire Seafood Room

The Galleria
          5061 Westheimer Road Suite 8050
          Houston, TX 77056
          Phone: 832-487-8862

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

That was Vargo’s

Comment

If I cant wear shorts and a t shirt, I guess I will just stay at the house. Lol

Comment

Ate at Gary Danko's in San Francisco, it is 3 star Michelin rated.

Comment

I hate fancy places, I’m not a big fan of dressing up.

Comment

I would rather a hole in the wall than fancy any day. Lower prices and more food. I think the day/situation etc makes the meal better than it would be. In feb wife and I were in Vegas for our first getaway without the kiddo. Had a nice night- show, drinks, slots etc. ended up having steak at Paris late. On the strip under a heater in the cold with a view of Belagio fountains at night. Not the best food, not the most expensive, not the most food. One of my better meals at a restaurant.

Comment

Not sure where this fell on y'alls fancy list but I sure miss "Old San Francisco Steakhouse" in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                        That was Vargo’s
                        And it’s now an apartment complex!

Comment

I think all those critics are foreign anyway. I have eaten at fancy places all over Europe and there's not a better pallet pleaser than the food right here in Texas. We have it all. We have Tex Mex, German, Bohemian, soul food and my favorite real Texas Bbq. Im still convinced that European beef might be equine.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            Im still convinced that European beef might be equine.
                            Up to 100% horse meat!

Comment

I tend to like the County Seat Cafe in Groveton. Best chicken fried steak around.

Comment

Working...
                              X