Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronda Rousey - Could you beat her in an MMA match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a skilled man would have a little trouble with another man that is 100# heavier, is 6" taller and has a longer reach. Obviously skill and techniqu trumps everything, but there are distinct physiological differences between men and women. I think she's awesome but I am hesitant to jump on the wagon that says she can beat up a man. I'm sure she could whip the average joe who is 30# overweight and smokes a pack a day. I think an athletic man in good shape would be a different story. I could be totally wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      Those tournaments are "amateur" open tournaments. So, yeah, there's that I really like Ronda Rousey, but some of her fans really make me gravitate to the side that really wants to see her dethroned.
      Yea, I forgot, there are no bad arses in "amateur" open Karate tournaments.
      Bunch of wana be's. Oh wait. She was a amatuer at one time.:0

Comment

Those tournaments are "amateur" open tournaments. So, yeah, there's that I really like Ronda Rousey, but some of her fans really make me gravitate to the side that really wants to see her dethroned.
        If you let other fans decide how you feel about somebody you "like", you need to gain control of your own emotions..

Comment

Ridiculous. I think most male professional MMA fighters would beat her but a non professional dude would get his arm broken in less than a minute.

I've seen tons of guys a heck of a lot tougher than me but I wrestled for 15 years and even won a State title and I'm 100% certain I wouldn't last a minute with her. To put that arm bar in perspective, every single person she faces knows it's coming and none of them can stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            my money is on her against any two of the yahoos in your office....

There's a reason they work in the office, and she does what she does for a living

Where's our resident mma fighter/trainer??

Could not agree more.

Reminds me of the old "Pros vs. Joes" TV show where retired professional athletes used to abuse really in shape guys who thought they were good.

What I wouldn't give to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              Even a skilled man would have a little trouble with another man that is 100# heavier, is 6" taller and has a longer reach. Obviously skill and techniqu trumps everything, but there are distinct physiological differences between men and women. I think she's awesome but I am hesitant to jump on the wagon that says she can beat up a man. I'm sure she could whip the average joe who is 30# overweight and smokes a pack a day. I think an athletic man in good shape would be a different story. I could be totally wrong, though.
              She beat up 3 men in a movie theater a few months ago

Comment

You take your average 135lb male and she is going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  The lowest ranking male ufc fighter doesn't qualify as the average man. I agree she would not meat a professional male mma fighter. Saying that doesn't take away from her skills in anyway. She is awesome.
                  Its just like the argument for women in the infantry. Liberals be like, "well, not all men can make infantry training either." Yeah, and guess what, they don't make it!! lol Average man in America is overweight, does less than 2 hours of exercise in a week, and eats like crap. I'd venture to say that the statement is most likely spot on. However, an average joe might swing an anvil when he punches too

Comment

She is 135 lbs weighing in for a fight. They average male weighs what? 180-220lbs? Weight can definitely play to advantage as it brings force along with it. Her advantage is that she has experience and that's hard to beat.

She definitely has the ability to submit someone who has no experience and she knows how to land a punch.

Can she take men out quick? Sure.

Comment

I think saying Ronda could beat a man is stupid. I think saying she could beat Mayweather is even dumber than that. She is good, no doubt, but when you say "average man" you are not speaking about anyone who has been in many fights, if any. I would venture to say that the lowest ranked male UFC fighter in the 135/145 class would destroy her rather easily.

I agree with this for the most part.

Average dude off the street - she would pulverize him.

I know some fellas that like to train, and fancy themselves pretty tough, but an elite level fighter, even in a lower weight class would absolutely destroy them.

Can Rhonda hold her own against an elite level man in her weight class? That is a fight I would like to see. I think she is smart, fast, and patient enough to hold her own or win for quite a while.

Comment

What is it with you, man? Who cares if Ronda wants to fight Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, or God himself? It will probably never happen anyway. The only reason it bothers you is because you can't stand the thought of a woman having a position of power over a man. Get off it already.

Comment

I would not want to **** her off

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            What is it with you, man? Who cares if Ronda wants to fight Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, or God himself? It will probably never happen anyway. The only reason it bothers you is because you can't stand the thought of a woman having a position of power over a man. Get off it already.

Comment

So, which one on this list could she beat? I'm pretty sure that Holly Holm could knock her out in a boxing match or muay tai match, but RR will take her to the mat if that bout happens.

Champion : Demetrious Johnson

1 John Dodson

2 Joseph Benavidez

3 Jussier Formiga

4 Ian McCall

5 Henry Cejudo

6 John Moraga

7 Kyoji Horiguchi

8 John Lineker

9 Zach Makovsky

10 Chris Cariaso

11 Dustin Ortiz

12 Wilson Reis

13 Chico Camus

14 Ray Borg

15 Justin Scoggins
                              I think the OP was referring to men that he worked with and regular guys that don't train for fighting.

To answer the question. No. I wouldn't get in the ring with her.

Comment

She would make them CRY!!

Comment

Working...
                                X