No announcement yet.

Dodge Ram Buy Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's 10% above the original purchase price MINUS depreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
      That's 10% above the original purchase price MINUS depreciation.

That's what I was told, I think. :-/

Comment

I did some.googling, seems the common consensus is this on a new car/truck...20% depreciation on day 1 and 15% a year until around year five.

It Prolly not exactly accurate but it's what Google says...
        If that's the case it won't pay mine off...
        Last edited by twistedmidnite; 07-30-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Anyone hear of upcoming discounts on new models yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            That's what I was told, I think. :-/
            So basically.... trade in price. So you're at the dealers mercy.

Be interesting to see what they would give you right now if you were trading in on a new truck vs. them giving you a buy back offer after you get the notice.

Comment

Man, I am pretty sure my truck was north of $60k when it was first sold. The dealership added a LOT of stuff to it(front and rear Ranch Hand Bumpers, winch, side steps, 2" leveling kit, and a hard bed cover) when the first owner bought it. With how desireable the last year model of the 5.9 diesels are, KBB shows trade in value at about $16k and retail at about $18k, but you can't find a truck out there anywhere with what mine has on it for less than $25k.

I just want it fixed, right, and not be in limbo for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                So basically.... trade in price. So you're at the dealers mercy.

Be interesting to see what they would give you right now if you were trading in on a new truck vs. them giving you a buy back offer after you get the notice.

It'll be over trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by etxbow View Post
                  anyone hear of upcoming discounts on new models yet?
                  lol

Comment

Really? I say this because I heard they were going to be good discounts, to try and bring customers back.

That's why I asked Txwhitetail. Not tellin jokes .

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
                      Really? I say this because I heard they were going to be good discounts, to try and bring customers back.

That's why I asked Txwhitetail. Not ev jokes .

To get the buyback you will have to buy another Dodge. Or go with the repair.

Comment

To get the buyback you will have to buy another Dodge. Or go with the repair.

Nope, that is not what the NHTSA report says. If you do the buy back, after you get the check you can do whatever you want with it, including going to another manufacture to buy a different vehicle.

However, I really believe FCA will do whatever they can in order to get people back into a Ram truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                          Nope, that is not what the NHTSA report says. If you do the buy back, after you get the check you can do whatever you want with it, including going to another manufacture to buy a different vehicle.

However, I really believe FCA will do whatever they can in order to get people back into a Ram truck.

Nope. That's not what the people that own the dealership I use said. I'll put more stock in them. And they sell Ford, Dodge and Offbrand.

Comment

Nope. That's not what the people that own the dealership I use said. I'll put more stock in them. And they sell Ford, Dodge and Offbrand.

No where in the National Highway Safety Transportation Administration's report does it state that people that take part in the buy back have to repurchase an FCA product. Read it for yourself. Of course the dealership is going to tell you that as they want any business they can get in order to help cushion all of this as much as possible.

edit;

From the first post on the 3rd page of this thread, the NHTSA even stated, and I quote;

Q. Can then then use that money to buy any vehicle from any automaker/dealer?

A. Fiat Chrysler is required to pay vehicle owners for their vehicles; owners will have no restrictions on how they use that money.
                            Last edited by 91cavgt; 07-31-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I got the n49 recall along with a k33, L16 and p65 on my 2010 3500

Comment

Anybody hear of any new news on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X