E-POSTCARD Hunt Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-POSTCARD Hunt Changes

Noticed a new change in E-POSTCARD HUNT. 2018-2019 Annual Public Hunting Permit required to apply. Wonder how much this will improve chances be reducing the number of applicants that usually don't pay for the public lands permits? In essence it is not a FREE drawing now. Or is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by ABWGTX; 08-11-2018, 07:59 AM.

I believe it will improve the drawing odds. Of course it will probably be a small improvement.

The annoying part is those hunts have a lot of no shows because they are free.

Comment

It also keeps the anti hunters from applying without purchasing the permit.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
        It also keeps the anti hunters from applying without purchasing the permit.
        Good point. This forum is "Public Hunting Opportunities" so I would assume that many members here would have the the $48 APH endorsement on top of regular license fee.

Comment

So I know one of the biologists that’s in a pretty high position. He was telling me that the reason they did this was because there is a lot of no shows at these hunts because you can apply for free and people apply for everything without knowing what they applied for or where it is. The other reason was a lot of people would apply for the hunts and wait for an outcome(get drawn or not) before buying a permit. That’s a lot of lost revenue that can be used for management of these properties or be used to buy new public land property.

With all that said this change will greatly improved your changes to be drawn but it’s still a lottery and nothing is a given in a lottery.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its a good change, Granger was getting ridiculous

Comment

Agreed with the guys above. Should greatly improve odds to get drawn. Probably reduce standby odds a little for these hunts.

Comment

You have to have the APH to hunt there anyway... I guess some people were just putting in to put in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  You have to have the APH to hunt there anyway... I guess some people were just putting in to put in?

Yes. They would put in for the hunts and only buy the permit if they won the hunt. You got more people applying because it didn’t cost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool change

Comment

E-Post Archery Deer Big Lake Bottom WMA 9/28/2018 - 10/7/2018
                      &
                      E-Post Archery Deer James Daughtrey WMA 11/5/2018 - 11/23/2018

I was the one that started this post about wondering if APH permits would effect the E-Post chances...... Chosen for TWO Hunts. And Zero before!
                      And more E-Post drawing to go.

Comment

Yep, I will admit that this change will keep me out of the E-Posts this year. I actually got drawn for the E-Post hunt on the Chap last year and killed a Javi, Hog, and a doe. I figure I used my luck up on that one anyways. There's just not enough hunts for me to spend almost $50 just to apply. I always did think it was silly that these were totally free to aplly for. This makes more sense.

Comment

This was my first time putting in, and I got drawn for Granger and Big Lake Bottom 11/15. I won't be able to do the Big Lake hunt so I'm not accepting that one to get someone else a chance at it.
                          Sounds like the changes were positive.

Comment

It would have kept me from applying except that I buy the permit anyway for duck hunting. If it wasn't for that I would have skipped the e-postcard hunts. Of course I still didn't draw squat LOL.

Comment

5th year I've been putting in for draw hunt at granger. Never been selected. Maybe year 6 i will be. Good luck to those selected.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X