No announcement yet.

Shed Thread 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i was hunting 2 weeks ago i had a buck come in with only one antler still attatched and had 2 bucks come in that had already dropped. then saw one with both antlers still. its hit or miss

Comment

Found one antler today

Comment

[ATTACH]691553[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
            [ATTACH]691553[/ATTACH]
            Im so guilty of this!!!!! Drive backroads home from work. 2 years ago I found a 130" 8 set. Went back and found 2 decent other sides in the same spot. Made a lamp and sold it the next day. Good days pay for a drive home!

Comment

Found one that looks to be from last years drop which is pretty odd considering all the coyotes and porcupines we have

Comment

Grandson found one last week while be were rabbit hunting

Comment

Pulled the cameras at our lease in Red River Co and all bucks still have antlers. I don't expect to see them start dropping for a month or so.

Comment

I have the same report for Red River Co. as Aggiebush. Every buck on camera still have antlers. Still made a walk up and down the fence rows to check crossings. Did come across this dead head though. Its mucho old but still cool find.
                    Attached Files

Comment

About 90% of our bucks have shed, mostly in the last two weeks based on cameras. Wish they'd close AR's bow season Feb. 1 instead of Feb. 28. Looked for sheds this weekend and only found one chewed up old one.... Must not have been holding my head right. 14 bucks regularly using the food plot and I can't find jack!

Comment

I took my dog this afternoon and we (he) found 4. 2 fresh and 2 older ones.

Comment

Headed to ranch in Webb county end of March to look for the ones that got away. Hopefull we find sheds and not skulls.

Comment

I participated in the longest, hardest track I have ever been on Sunday (not my deer). We came across 3 sheds...I only got a pic of one.

Hurry up next season!

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
                              Wish I had both of these !!
                              Tell me you did not find that in Mauriceville or Newton!

Comment

Well I think I'm giving up on the antler trap. Seems I'm spending more time feeding the birds than getting the deer in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X