Bruni TX deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruni TX deer lease

Looking at a new deer lease about 12 miles up fm 2050 from Bruni across from NRG Cedro Hill windmills. Just looking for opinions from anyone familiar with the area on the whitetail and turkey hunting. My only neighbor is a 22k acre ranch. Looks promising but I usually trust the opinions on this board over leasing agents.

I personally haven't seen any turkey in that area, fair number of deer, but haven't seen but a few monsters.
    Can be lots of tresspassers passing through.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

What ranch is the 22K one?

Comment

Don’t know yet. I get all the details when I go see the place Wednesday. I know Billings Ranch is in the area but not sure if that’s it. Place is on the right side of 2050 12 miles from Bruni.

Comment

Originally posted by DDSTX View Post
          Don’t know yet. I get all the details when I go see the place Wednesday. I know Billings Ranch is in the area but not sure if that’s it. Place is on the right side of 2050 12 miles from Bruni.
          Billings is farther than that from Bruni, closer to 59.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you using the Hebronville guy? Is it David?

Comment

Yep Montalvo. Very nice man and great to work with. He’s leasing agent not owner tho

Comment

Originally posted by DDSTX View Post
                Yep Montalvo. Very nice man and great to work with. He’s leasing agent not owner tho
                Best of luck!

Comment

Fun going back and reading that old thread. David’s a good guy IMO

Comment

Reading the old thread, I would probably look else where. If you decide to try it, Do your homework on the place.

Comment

The billings is 7 miles off 59. Past the newton ranch and before the windmill farm. The billings now has it's own windmill sector on it.

To the original question. I have never seen a turkey on the billings. Whitetail are what to be expected of the area.

Comment

Yeah turkey are pretty spotty down there so I figured I’d ask. I know there’s a good roost site near realitos and they run pretty thick into Hebbronville. I’m looking at some options over there as well. Love turkey hunting almost as much as deer and deer pretty solid all thru that area so may lean towards Hebbronville side.

Comment

I hunt over towards Thompsonville never seen a Turkey on our place. But I have seen quite a few around Mirando. Be Careful when dealing with David.

Comment

DDSTX check your inbox

Comment

I found a place near Hebbronville that popped up unexpectedly. Mm Saenz leasing and I’m touring it right now. Double the size at same price and I’m much more familiar with hebb. This is gonna be the place for me.
                              On David, Saenz and all lease brokers down here it is what it is. I don’t know a lot of landowners and don’t have a ton of time to invest in the search but these guys expedite the process of locating a property that’s right for me within my current budget and I suppose I pay for that convenience so I can get back to work and get to a point where 1 day I can afford to buy my own piece. Price per acre down here is very reasonable and I hope to have that opportunity sooner than later. Just started my own company and if things go right I can see that future. Until then I guess I gotta feed the beast to get that south Texas fix. I’ll be the first to tell you if I experience anything illicit or shady but these guys are just doing what I’d prob do if the market dictates it.

Comment

Working...
                              X