2015 Arkansas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
    Might have a chance to get on a lease in Arkansas. From what I know, it's about 45 mins from Texarkana, 800 a person and a little over 200 acres a person.

That's all I know and I wish I could give a specific location. But does that sound like an area that's going to support decent hunting?
    I'd have to know more about location to give you a good guess. Depending on what direction that you head, 45 minutes from Texarkana can put you in some pretty different areas. If the place is on or near the Red River or in the river bottoms above/below millwood lake, you could have trophy potential. If it's in pinewoods, it will be similar to east Texas hunting but will most likely have more deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      I'd have to know more about location to give you a good guess. Depending on what direction that you head, 45 minutes from Texarkana can put you in some pretty different areas. If the place is on or near the Red River or in the river bottoms above/below millwood lake, you could have trophy potential. If it's in pinewoods, it will be similar to east Texas hunting but will most likely have more deer.
      Yup definitely some different areas to hunt within 45 minutes of Texarkana. I'm only about an hour or less from Texarkana on I-30 in Gurdon. It's more piney woods and has tons of deer. Nothing trophy size, but since decent size animals. Lots of members but it's at a price that can't be beat.

Comment

Got an invite yesterday to go down to the lower White river refuge to a buddy's camp to bow hunt next weekend. He killed two nice 10s yesterday within 20 minutes chasing a doe and said bucks are running crazy.

The bad news.... The river is getting high and deer season will be closed due to high water after Wednesday. Talk about a bummer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Got an invite yesterday to go down to the lower White river refuge to a buddy's camp to bow hunt next weekend. He killed two nice 10s yesterday within 20 minutes chasing a doe and said bucks are running crazy.

The bad news.... The river is getting high and deer season will be closed due to high water after Wednesday. Talk about a bummer!!
          Dang! All of this rain isn't helping this season. I still haven't been to the lease since opening weekend. Been hunting here at Grapevine the whole season.

Comment

Working...
          X