Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Build

I have been working on a rifle blind, since it is just me, I went with a 4x5x 6.5 tall. It came together nicely. I had some old exterior paint that we used on our patio, so I put about 3 coats on it. I still have some trim work to do on it and I will probably camo it up some. I put 4 27"x10" windows in it that I bought from Ultramatic. I had a old RV door that I removed from customers unit. I thought I would also had a vent to keep some of the heat out.

Is there any reason, I need to paint the inside?
    Attached Files

Pretty sweet. Is there any pitch to the roof for water runoff?

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        Pretty sweet. Is there any pitch to the roof for water runoff?
        No, I decided to not build this one with a pitch, and just raise the front in a little to have water drain off the back

I also haven't decided if I want a metal over plywood roof or I thought about installing a rubber roof on it. I have all the materials left over from a previous job

Comment

Looks good, might add some drip rails around the windows, i didnt paint the inside of my rifle blind, animals dont seem to mind much.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
            Looks good, might add some drip rails around the windows, i didnt paint the inside of my rifle blind, animals dont seem to mind much.
            Yep, I have some drip rail around the windows, but that is the trim work I still need to do. I ran out

Comment

Nice door!

Comment

Yes, the door is nice.

Did the door come off a RV of some type ?

Can you give more detail on the "rubber roof"? Sounds interesting

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
                  Yes, the door is nice.

Did the door come off a RV of some type ?

Can you give more detail on the "rubber roof"? Sounds interesting

Thanks
                  Yes, it is a door is off of a RV. If you see the little crack in the door, the insurance company replace it for my customer.

A rubber roof is what is used on most RV's. You glue a piece of Rubber membrane to plywood. It is seemless & reflects a lot of heat. Keep it conditioned and should last 10-15 years, if it goes bad I can just put a piece of metal over it

Comment

Are those 2x2s? Nails or screws? Looks like just one or did you toenail a second? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PointyStickAg View Post
                      Are those 2x2s? Nails or screws? Looks like just one or did you toenail a second? Thanks!
                      2x4 cut down the middle. Everything is screws. 1 screw in the center and 1 screw in the angled cross brace

5/8 floor, 3/8 walls & roof

Comment

What did you use for the corner trim? Z flashing? Been trying to find something that is just a straight 90 degree Bend with no lip like Z flashing but can’t find jack

Comment

Just curios how high you started the windows. We are building a 6x 6 blind and I think we are going to start the windows 42" high but was curious where yours started.

Comment

Originally posted by Babolathunter View Post
                            Just curios how high you started the windows. We are building a 6x 6 blind and I think we are going to start the windows 42" high but was curious where yours started.

Mine are 39” from the floor. I sat in a chair to get that measurement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I built mine 39" as well and it's perfect, I think 42" would be a bit tall.

Comment

Working...
                              X