Dump Cake :)

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
    2 sticks butter
    1 can cherry pie filling
    1 box white cake mix
    1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
    1 9 x 13 ungreased baking dish

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Dump pineapple, juice and all into baking dish, spread evenly over bottom. Dump cherry pie filling on top, spread evenly. Dump DRY cake mix over cherries, spread evenly. Slice butter into "thin pats" and place all over dry cake mix. Spread pecans evenly over butter slices. Bake at 350 for one hour!

The ingredients are layered not MIXED!

Once out of the oven can be served with whip cream or ice cream!

You can also use different kinds of pie fillings and different kinds of cake mixes!

I can vouch for Cat's dump cake recipe! It's really easy. My daughter and I like to make it together. It makes the whole house smell wonderful when it's baking! It smells even better than it looks and tastes even better than it smells! Mmmmmm!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DumpCake1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	23816146

Name:	DumpCake2.jpg
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	23816147

Name:	DumpCake3.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	23816148

Comment

Thanks David a lot for adding the pictures, I could not get them to "add"?

Comment

This si awesome. Instead of Cherry Pie filling I used Apple and instead of white cake I used Yellow and it turned out awesome!

Comment

Very good stuff right there. We have it every Thanksgiving

Comment

I have been practicing several different recipies in the dutch oven... pinapple / cherry sounds pretty cool.

Gracias Gata!

Comment

I need to make this again soon!

Comment

An option is to drain the pineapple and use the juice for the wet additive to the cak mix. Mix the cake batter with the juice and a 1/2 stick of melted butter and put half the batter in the oven just long enough for the batter to firm on top. Add the mixed friut filling in a layer on top of the half cooked bottom layer. Then add the rest of your batter, level it, pour the other half stick of melted butter on top and pop it in the oven! When it's done add Blue bell on top & git er done!

Comment

cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix.

Comment

I just made one today

I just made this today. Man I cant wait to eat it. I made a crock pot version a few weeks ago with peachs. I eat almost 95% of it myself. I just made the cherry pie filling one today and my house smells great.

Comment

A really quick and easy resipe:
                      I stick margarine. Melt in baking dish
                      ! cup sugar
                      1 cup self rising flour
                      1 can (16 oz) any fruit you choose
                      Mix last 3 ingredients and pour over melted butter (margarine) do not mix with butter.
                      Bake at 400 degree intil brown.
                      Delicious!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X