My 2011 Kansas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2011 Kansas Buck

He is not a giant but he will do. It has been a few years since i killed a buck in Kansas and thought I better not let this one walk.
    The morning of Nov 19th I had just passed a nice 8 pointer. I messed with him some after he walked by with my grunt tube and it did not effect him at all. That's when i rattled....again nothing. I even used my can..... and nothing???
    I sat down and got comfy again and looked to my right and spotted a doe moving up the ridge away from me at about 70 yards. I grabbed the bow and stood-up and turned towards here and that's when I spotted this buck between me and her?? He was around 55 yards a away and slowing walking. A couple of grunts and NOTHING!! That's when I pulled out the stops and snort wheezed with my mouth. That stopped him! He looked my way a few seconds and when he turned to look at his doe I did it again. Thats when he turned and started my way. He moved to around 30 yards and stood there facing my direction, a bit PO'd. A few seconds later, that seemed an hour, he turned and started to walk off. I drew and grunted with my mouth and as he stopped and started to turn the arrow was on it's way. He ran about 25 yards and stopped and looked my way!!!?? I thought I must have shot under him. When he turned to look at the doe he stumbled, reared up and fell. Shot him at 35 yards and took the heart and lungs.
    He greened scored at 127 6/8 and hope he hangs in there at 125+ in 60 days. I figure he was closer to 300 pounds that 200, live weight.
    Attached Files

Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

That's a Great Buck! Congrats!!

Comment

nice..

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great Buck.....Congrats!!!!

Comment

Cool!