Arrow Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Question..

I was wondering how an arrow would fly if you cut 1" of the nock end,reinstall nock then cut arrow to your length,Would this give you more FOC a stiffer spine?? Or what?? I'm curious as to what it would do to arrow flight and weight...Thanks for all input...Sorry for not being arrow smart..Hope this is a legit question..

I've cut off the nock end. Couldn't tell any difference in flight, will stiffen slightly I would think

Comment

It will improve the straightness. It will have no effect on FOC or spine.

Comment

Ok Thanks Glenn,I appreciate y'alls answers

Comment

Originally posted by bow_nut81 View Post
          will stiffen slightly I would think
          Why? Outside of a couple brands that were tapered I thought all were uniform throughout the shaft. I have always wondered this too.

Ulmer said in an article he cut a little off each end in case the back end with a jagged cut from the factory for some reason also he said he knew then it was square as well.

Comment

I cut my arrows (Beman ICS hunters) from the back to length then fletch them.I shoot a WB so it pulls the decal on the arrow behind the rest so it doesn't drag across it making noise.Can't tell any difference on the arrow flight by cutting them this way.

Comment

Unless they are tapered shafts you could cut all off of the back end or front or split the difference and it should not change anything about stiffness, FOC or anything else.

Supposedly makes for a sraighter shaft but that is only what I have heard, never checked straightness before or after cutting any length off of carbon shafts.

Comment

Working...
              X