No announcement yet.

Do you drink Starbucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how they suggest dealing with an unruly customer now. Time for another coffee chain to take the ranks! Mark my words I think they dug thereselves in a hole they won't be able to get out and resort to drive-thru only store models eventually.

A barista will approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave, and you can come back at a later time, when you feel like you can be a part of our third place. And in fact if you want to go have a seat, I’ll bring you over a cup of water, just to make sure that it’s a great rest of your day.”

Comment

Only when I'm at the airport.

Comment

Do you drink Starbucks?

I “worked” the 2013 farewell-season at Candlestick Park. Here’s how I spoke to unruly fans.

Sir, your behavior is causing complaints from other fans, and violates the posted code of conduct.

No, I’m not going to insult your intelligence and tell you what you’re doing wrong. You know, and know what to change to fix it.

I’m only going to speak to you one time about this. If I have to return, it will be with either a security supervisor or San Francisco Police.

The security supervisors are off-duty police and I understand most carry a concealed handgun.

I saw 2 SFPD slam a drunk guy’s head into a concrete wall so hard, he bled-out like deer and pigs I hunt and shoot.

Once they’re here, Billy can’t stop what happens next. It’s your afternoon, you need to decide how you want the rest of the day to go.

They sat down and behaved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
          Help me out.

The 2 men (I’m color blind) were loitering in the store, and somebody called the police.

The Philadelphia police arrested them. Maybe were rude while doing it.

Why is Starbucks doing racial sensitivity training?

I’m waiting for the Starbucks bathrooms to start looking like the San Jose public library with homeless doing towel baths in the sink, and washing clothes and drying it with the electric hand dryer.

They weren't loitering, as there third party was in route to discuss their business plan. That happens EVERYDAY all over the world in Starbucks locations. The manager of the location called the LEO...……..as she was trained to do! The last sentence is why they are doing sensitivity training as that local location was out of step with the rest of the corporate stores. The training was a "OH CRAP" this could go bad if we don't act quickly. Probably had incidents previously at that locale so the Regional Director most likely had their own little rules...outside of the corporations…...oops! Owning multiple restaurants for nearly 20 years I get it. I doubt StarBucks bathrooms will turn into what you described as they are privately owned business'...…….not taxpayer funded facilities like libraries. It does freak me out in San Fran how the homeless randomly take a crap in business owners doorways, but that is a whole nother story! It appears StarBucks has saved face with the training tweaks and will continue to make BILLIONS and the investors are fully supportive!!! Kongrats to them, love em or hate em.

Comment

It was the Phila police who overreacted and arrested them. My point is, the Phila Police are who should be giving sensitivity training/ re-education.

Let’s see how the homeless camps in SF, SJ and elsewhere respond to a bathroom with plumbing and a soft couch that is not (yet) infested with scabies and lice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              It was the Phila police who overreacted and arrested them. My point is, the Phila Police are who should be giving sensitivity training/ re-education.

Let’s see how the homeless camps in SF, SJ and elsewhere respond to a bathroom with plumbing and a soft couch that is not (yet) infested with scabies and lice.

Understood!!! Humm, could be why the city did the $1 deal so quickly...……..good point Bill.
              At least they were not pulling out Billy Clubs and mace...……….lol!

Comment

I only.recall being in a Starbucks 1 time and that was because we were called there for a medical.
                Didn't seem like a place for a fella with bib overalls to hang out so I have not been back.

But I do buy a cold.brew in a bottle.from time to time.
                Their rules were the problem, not that little manager lady. And like a lot of typical younger folks these days those fellas decided it was more important to give the cops crap than to listen to their orders. Sure their orders may have been wrong, stupid but they were still orders coming from an officer of the law.
                Leave when asked, file a complaint, get your explanation to their boss and move on

Comment

Coffee is nasty. If you walk into a room where a fresh cup of coffee has been sitting for just a few minutes it smells like someone **** themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I only.recall being in a Starbucks 1 time and that was because we were called there for a medical.
                    Didn't seem like a place for a fella with bib overalls to hang out so I have not been back.

But I do buy a cold.brew in a bottle.from time to time.
                    Their rules were the problem, not that little manager lady. And like a lot of typical younger folks these days those fellas decided it was more important to give the cops crap than to listen to their orders. Sure their orders may have been wrong, stupid but they were still orders coming from an officer of the law.
                    Leave when asked, file a complaint, get your explanation to their boss and move on

Duuuude....f’ Starbucks!!!! Make your own cold brew...it’s real easy and real good loaded with a bunch of hazelnut creamer. My wife makes it all the time and it’s the only way I drink it with these blazing temps outside!

Comment

It’s now become a great place to stop on a road trip to use the bathroom and not buy anything thanks to their new rules.
                      They also have great free napkins.

Comment

Yup, just a coincidence Im sure........

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/howa...the-board.html
                          It amazes me that executives like Schultz and others of the like who have been supporters of the left can still actually relate to what the democrat party has become.

Comment

F Starbucks and their overpriced chit. Liberal bassterds deserve to go bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              It amazes me that executives like Schultz and others of the like who have been supporters of the left can still actually relate to what the democrat party has become.
                              What does having a billion dollars in your savings account have to do with you:
                              Wanting to ban all guns
                              Allow a woman to choose abortion
                              Allowing two men to marry each other
                              Easing immigration requirements for foreigners (ok, this one actually helps a lot of billionaires bottom line)

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/howa...the-board.html
                                I'll give you a quick lesson how all this ties back to Obama

Ullman is publically a staunch Obama supporter

Hobson is married to George Lucas but on top of that works for Ariel Investments

Ariel Investments is based in Chicago and founded by John Rogers
                                John Rogers being the big monied guy he is and being in Chicago is very close to Obama
                                Not just that but John Rogers wife, Desiree, was the White House events coordinator for Michelle Obama (she basically just planned all the parties)

Always, follow the money (and the connections)

Comment

Working...
                                X