Wife's first 2 hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's first 2 hunts

After years of asking my wife to come hunting with me she said ok. We got her a bow and she practiced pretty hard leading up to the 2010 hunting season. So there we are opening weekend the very first time she had ever been in a stand. We are in there a while and finally a doe comes in. We watcher for 30 minutes or so and finally she comes to an opening. My wife is at full draw and I whisper to her "20 yards". She says ok "40 Yards" and releases the arrow before I can even respond. Needless to say she shot about a foot over the does back. We go in and after the disappointment settles down, we could not help but laugh. The evening hunt rolls around and we are in the double bull again. Knowing me like she does she said "Go to your honey hole I will be fine." After pointing out some trees for yardage markers I went to my stand about 500 yards away. We are texting back and forth until magic hour arrived. A about 30 minutes later I had a doe come inafter making sure she did not have a baby with her I decided she was going to be part of the managment program. So I text my wife and tell her "I just shot a doe" she texts back "I just shot a BUCK". Sure enough she had drilled a nice hill country buck on her second ever sit.
    So a couple of months later we had a hunt schedualed for the first time at Bugscuffle. This was the first time either of us had been exotic hunting. The second day's morning hunt found me covered up in bluck buck and then finally some axis does came in. I was so excited. I shot the biggest one and was pumped. I did not get a good look at which way she went with all the animals scattering everywhere and the branches not allowing me to see very far. So I wait until it was time to pick my wife up and go to get her. The first thing out of my mouth was "I just shot and axis doe" sha said "Hey I just shot and Axis BUCK". I could not let her out do me. Lucky I found some sheads while Bryans dog found my doe.
    Attached Files

Don't know if your Mrs. is a Mama yet, but I'll say it anyway: If Mama's happy, everybody's happy.

Per DDynasty: Happy, Happy, Happy.

Comment

True and yes she is we have a 16 year old daughter and a 14 year old son.

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Looks like a great start! Congrats to your wife.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Thats awesome. Her smile says it all.

Comment

NOOOO WAY she soesn't look like she is out of her 20s, but you????????

Comment

Wow!! No doubt she's a keeper if she hunts like that...lol!! A big congrats to the both of you.

Ray

Comment

Nice! Congrats to you both!!

Comment

Working...
                              X