Hogs at Lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs at Lavon

I havent been out there in about a month or so - has anyone had any luck recently?

Never been just heard stories about how they're tons of them there.

Comment

I usually see at least one when I go out there - but like I said I havent been in a month or so.

Comment

I live fairly close, but have only gone out there chasing ducks. I may grab the recurve and do a little walking this weekend. I will try to post a report, any suggestions on where to go?

Comment

Live2hunt

I usually go in off of HWY 78 about 5-7 miles north of Farmersville - you will cross one or two bridges inbetween those bridges I think you will se a gate off to the left of the road (west side) - and a small creek running under the bridge - probably holding a bit of water with all this rain - I go in right there and make my way to the creek about 150 yards from the gate and follow the creekbed - good luck and let me know how you do.

Comment

I will try that location first and do a little scouting. I just might get lucky and see a few.

Thanks...

Comment

no problem - goodluck

Comment

Does anyone hunt the west side of the lake? I have been trying to find a good place to go.

Comment

Chased them a few years ago, but not in awhile

Comment

I'm planning to head out to Lavon this weekend to look for some hogs. Anyone been recently? Any new tips? With a new baby my hunting time has suffered lately. Wife is going out of town with the baby and I need to spend some time in the field!!!

Comment

Mitchhunt,

I have been meaning to get some scouting time in out there for a while. I haven't had the chance yet. When you going this weekend? You up for some company?

Comment

I'm going to try and get a couple hours in tonight, but I'll be out there most of the weekend. Give me a call (214-676-1063 cell). I'm thinking of trying the west side of the lake so it's not far at all from Mckinney (unless you know a better spot).

Comment

Don't Know About Lavon, But I Was About To Tee Off At The Shores On Ray Hubbard And One Of The Workers Told Me The Hogs Have Rooted Up The Teeboxes And Fairways On The Holes Than Run Along The Lake....i Then Spoke To One Of The Asst. Pros And He Told Me He'd Love To Have Me Come Out With A Bow And Shoot Some. I Haven't Got The Chance Yet, But Would Love Too. Someone May Want To Call Them And See If They're Still Having A Problem. Could Be Fun.

Comment

Hey Big Red did you ever call the shores or anybody else for that matter... That would be pretty fun and definitely different... Some night stalking on golf carts, talk about a change in pace lol.... Im new to bow hunting this year and bird hunting as well... I have deer hunted all my life but never with a bow or have I ever hunted birds... Its a nice change gives you alot more hunting time... I havent ever hunted hog on purpose but have killed with my rifle before... I picked up a bow a few weeks before 1st weekend and started practicing.. I was pretty good from the start but much better now... I need some practice with somthing other then a target though.. I didnt have any luck during bow season I hunted up at lake Tawakoni.... I havent heard many good things now that the season is said and done... Anyone of comments on Tawakoni... Also was wondering if anyone does any quail hunting... Im looking to go but want to find a hot spot... Ive been reading the forums for a long time and I just registered tonight and this is my first posting but every seems so friendly I was wondering if anyone was planning and quail hunt who as dogs... I dont have any but looking to get one maybe a pointer... Also if anyone as tips on what the best breed is for hunting dogs... Going to break in duck hunting as well....

Anybody else up for doing some golf course hunting if they still need some help...

Thanks in advance

Txsuperdad23

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
                              Hey Big Red did you ever call the shores or anybody else for that matter... That would be pretty fun and definitely different... Some night stalking on golf carts, talk about a change in pace lol.... Im new to bow hunting this year and bird hunting as well... I have deer hunted all my life but never with a bow or have I ever hunted birds... Its a nice change gives you alot more hunting time... I havent ever hunted hog on purpose but have killed with my rifle before... I picked up a bow a few weeks before 1st weekend and started practicing.. I was pretty good from the start but much better now... I need some practice with somthing other then a target though.. I didnt have any luck during bow season I hunted up at lake Tawakoni.... I havent heard many good things now that the season is said and done... Anyone of comments on Tawakoni... Also was wondering if anyone does any quail hunting... Im looking to go but want to find a hot spot... Ive been reading the forums for a long time and I just registered tonight and this is my first posting but every seems so friendly I was wondering if anyone was planning and quail hunt who as dogs... I dont have any but looking to get one maybe a pointer... Also if anyone as tips on what the best breed is for hunting dogs... Going to break in duck hunting as well....

Anybody else up for doing some golf course hunting if they still need some help...

Thanks in advance

Txsuperdad23
                              hey i have a chocolate lab trained pretty darn good for ducks and dove. ide love to take her out this year for ducks again-skipped out last year-she did great during dove season

Comment

Working...
                              X