No announcement yet.

Drawn for Elephant Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add a little to Paul’s post above: Neither Paul nor I hunted the last morning. Maybe we should have because one of the guys did harvest a very nice Muley on that last morning.
    As Paul stated it was cold, wet and miserable, but I would do it again in a minute. I saw a total of 8 deer on the trip, 5 bucks and 3 does. 3 of the bucks were shooter bucks but I either couldn’t get close enough or I got too close and jumped him out of his bed. Saw several javelina the last day I hunted but it was early morning and my mule deer hunting took priority. I didn’t want to interrupt it to haul a Javi back to camp.
    The high wind had the deer laid up for the most part so they were hard to find.
    Hope I get a chance to do this hunt again before I get to old to climb up and down that mountain.

Comment

Roads

Is 4wd a requirement out there? We're headed there for the youth rifle hunt 11/23-11/25 and it looks like it should be dry.

Comment

Not if it's dry, it rained pretty good while I was there, and I never used mine. I did, however; have one of the closer compartments to camp

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info. If we're lucky next week I'll have some grip and grin pics to post.

Comment

Working...
          X