No announcement yet.

Any "treasure" hunters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garrett makes great detectors and is a Texas company. I recommend the AT-Pro.
    And it's waterproof so you can use it in the rivers. Great detector.

Those were good, but my favorite when I was a kid was Delaware Punch.
    I found a Delaware Punch bottle, square sides with stars on them that was bottled in El Campo in 1928. The top is broken off but it's a cool bottle. I have it on my desk at the office.

Comment

Our lease hasn't turned up anything other than old beer cans and barbed wire.

Been looking for cool old stuff or arrowheads but no luck so far

Y'all that have found stuff post up some pics of your finds

Comment

this thread is awesome. Now I want a dang metal detector.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post

Y'all that have found stuff post up some pics of your finds

Comment

love looking for it. good time before the work at camp starts. peaceful.

Comment

There was an old sod house South of where I live. I went in there when I was a kid. You talk about some awesome stuff. It's not standing anymore but I'd like to get a metal detector and go out there and see if there's anything buried. Where I live there's a lot of sandhills and that old sod house sat on the side of one with a few trees surrounding it close to the river. I knew the old man that lived there. He's been dead for quite some time now. He worked clear up until he died. For a guy in his 90's he was stout as a bull. When he shook your hand it felt like he could break every bone in it without trying too hard. The people that came to this part of the country and settled here and the people that went through the dust bowl were no joke. Tough as nails I guarantee you.

Speaking of the dust bowl,there are whole fence rows buried under sand from way back when that happened.
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-16-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

My wife likes to collect old bottles. Where we used to live, there was at least five old home sites, some dating back to probably the early to mid 1800s, most of them were probably from the late 1800s to early 1900s, but one for sure was a bit older. We wondered around those old home sites and found all types of stuff, mainly old bottles. My wife collected a bunch of old small bottles, many seem to be old perfume bottles, some may be old tonic or medicine bottles. Then we found old milk cans, some old 45 LC cases, 12 ga. brass of brands I have never heard of and others I know were old. Then we found a couple of old marbles.

Then I found a gold necklace half buried in the yard one day, when I was cutting a tree down. Then on another occasion we went to the river to go fishing and found the river was dry. So we decided to walk the river bed and found a 14K gold wedding ring.

I have found a lot of arrow heads over the years, but my favorite was finding a large arrow head/spear head, with my wife and daughter in the creek bed after a big flood. Not sure what you would call it, just too big to be launched from a bow in my opinion, too heavy, would have to have been on a spear.

Comment

Working...
                X