No announcement yet.

Kiss my bass, Cabelas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I've been one of the lucky ones. I've never had an issue with anything I've purchased there. Online or otherwise. If I have had an issue its been my fault. Ordering the wrong size, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
      Cabelas blows. There is no reason to shop there anymore. They are overpriced on everything and when they have a sale they jack everyone around. There are better places to spend your money.
      x2

Comment

Cabelas inventory management practices leave a lot to be desired. They have items that have been sold out for weeks still listed in the bargain cave online.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          Cabelas blows. There is no reason to shop there anymore. They are overpriced on everything and when they have a sale they jack everyone around. There are better places to spend your money.
          Whats crazy is they are lower than Bass Pro on most of their prices though and they are essentially the same company now.

Comment

They did the same to me too.

Comment

I like Cabelas. Yes, their inventory mgmt system isn't real time, and every time they post big sales, this happens, but oh well. You weren't hurt by this, you simply didn't get an item for 20% of retail like you thought you were going to.

I did the same thing on the UnderArmour pants and jacket the other day and the same thing happened, but I don't feel like Cabelas owes me anything. I didn't get there early enough. Sucks, but whatever.

Comment

Got my email yesterday, they got me too! Wanted free shipping so I ordered things I could have waited on, at least my wife was t upset about the extras!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  Bum deal.

I've had good success to date. Just got my Wooltimate pullover hoodie.
                  I ordered 6 items including the hoodie. Got an email saying everything was cancelled except the hoodie.

Comment

Happens every year about this time, but I still will shop with them. They have quality stuff and stand behind it. Their online inventory system is really lacking though... And when you are the first on the huge sales there are some great deals.

Comment

i ordered 2 abu garcia reels that were on sale after Christmas, i had also ordered the same reel on black Friday from Amazon (that still hadn't shipped) so i canceled my amazon order only to get an email 2 days later from Cabela's saying they canceled my order....

Comment

With today's technology, there is no excuse for up-to-the-second inventory management on-line. That being said, I don't think Cabela's intentionally does this. I've seen others do this kind of stuff in order to shift you to another (higher profit) item once you've gotten 'excited' about the sale item.
                        I saw a 'deal alert' here on the Green Screen several years ago for an insulated, camo jacket at Cabelas for $6.99 (free shipping). Thinking it too good to be true and a probable error, I ordered one for me and one for my son. Surprisingly, we got our jackets and I still use it today.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          I've never really heard of this being a problem, but last week I ordered some things and used a $50 gift card. I used the entirety of the gift card so I threw the gift card away in a hotel room. Three or four days later they canceled my order and I'm out the gift card. LOL, lesson learned.
                          I did the same thing. I called and they were able to give me the card # and code over the phone so I could at least make another online order.

Comment

I got the cancellation as well.

I sent the 6 top brass at Cabelas a letter with my frustration over their lack of a real time inventory system and it was a terrible way to do business. I don't expect to get a reply, but felt compelled to tell them how I felt.

Comment

I love cabalas. I ordered a fleece jacket that was on sale and they sent me two of them

Comment

I would imagine the "Deal Alert" here and all the other hunting sites has a lot to do with the out of inventory notices.

I do like the Alerts.

Comment

Working...
                                X