Lazyman Stands Fiberglass Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winman View Post
    One weakness is the Windows. They are plexiglass in exterior channels. Their method of raising and lowering is a bolt drilled thru the plexiglass about 1/2 in.from the top. If you drop the bolt while lowering the window,it will break out a piece of plexiglass with the bolt still in it. ...ask me how I know...I have 2 Windows to repair or replace after 4 weeks of use. I think the Windows are oversize enough that I can turn them over and they will be enough material to redrill the bolt holes....if not...New windows...

The fiberglass had a few pinholes that were visible from the inside when looking at the ceiling. We took a rattle can of paint and sealed them up...should last..

For the price tho,they seem to be a really good buy.

This is exactly what the others have said. Windows are an issue. I did hunt in a Dillon blind and loved it. But at half the cost I am totally OK with it. I wonder if there is a way to keep the windows from breaking. Powder, the other gentleman on this thread said he broke a window too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at the website, hard to tell anything as well except exterior. Just sent Krivoman and email from his site with questions since so many recommendations.

Looking for one that will fit on my 5x10 trailer, rear entry door (ramp access) and at least 6' tall inside and as large an entry door as possible. Looked at several 4x6 and a 5x8 but they are pricy. I'd rather buy from a fellow TBH'R if possible...sorry to hijack the OP...good luck on your buy.

Comment

I have 2 Maverick 6's and one Krivo man shell that I bought used. I adapted some Aggie ingenuity to put some windows and a door in the Krivo, but it works great. I will tell you this on the toughness of a Krivo blind. Mine got tossed by a tornado and ended up 100 yards to the east of camp in a ravine and it was still intact with no breaks or cracks! The mavericks are great, but the best, because of the size is a fiberglass tank end. 8'tall and 8' diameter! You could sleep in this thing or live in it in a pinch, but it is heavy as all get out.

Go with Mitch and his Krivoman blinds or Mavericks, you will not be disappointed in either!

Comment

Originally posted by DSMCasey View Post
          I bought two of the 4x6 “Penthouse” Gun Blinds and haven’t picked them up yet. They are brand new with 6’ Angle Iron stands w/porch and shelves in each blind. Total was $1450 each for everything which felt like a steal. That being said, I put a deposit down sight unseen. I know they are popular in Arkansas but would like some opinions if anyone has used them here.

Specifically, I have looked at a lot of pictures but can’t figure out how the windows open. Anyone know?

Here is their site if anyone wants to check em out: http://www.mylazymanstands.com/phone/stands.html

And the guy that I am picking mine up from is in Kemp, Tx.
          I looked at them and decided on Krivoman

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            I looked at the website, hard to tell anything as well except exterior. Just sent Krivoman and email from his site with questions since so many recommendations.

Looking for one that will fit on my 5x10 trailer, rear entry door (ramp access) and at least 6' tall inside and as large an entry door as possible. Looked at several 4x6 and a 5x8 but they are pricy. I'd rather buy from a fellow TBH'R if possible...sorry to hijack the OP...good luck on your buy.

I did not receive and email. so send it direct to me at Krivomanoutdoors@gmail.com

thanks

Comment

Any recent updates on these?

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                krivoman will outlast a fiberglass by a number of years
                Mavericks will too. They have a 20 year warranty on them. Krivoman and Maverick are not plastic as many assume.

Comment

Sorry yea some updates - The angle iron stands are exceptional. The blinds are good too but I hate the windows. I do like the blinds though. They are cheaply made and thin fiberblass but work as they shoud.

P.S. - Definitely get shelves and caulk the seams to keep yellow jackets out.

Comment

Believe me, the Krivoman, I bught a used shell and the Mavericks, I have 2, are well worth the money. To show you how tough yhe Krivo is, after I bought mine and took it to camp, camp got hit by a tornado. It flipped my 30’ rv and took the Krivo blind and deposited it about 100 yards east of camp sith no damage!!! What do you think that fiberglass blind would look like? I know of 3 fiberglass blinds that were demolished by that tornado on leases next to us. Mitch makes a quality product and a tough one for sure.

Comment

I went with a krivo hopefully be able to pick up soon, that being said once I receive it and get it set up I can then give a review on it but it was between the Lazyman or krivo and I went with krivo 6 window and a vent I’m hoping this will last me many of years.

Comment

Our rancher bought and set up a couple of the lazy man blinds. I'm 6'2". The space is cramped and the windows are incredibly low. I have to slouch down in the chair to look out the windows. But, they didn't cost me a cent and keep me out of the wind. So all in all, a good deal.

Comment

I am 6’5” and the windows are low. The office chairs I got at auction all adjust down though so it is a non issue. I do hate the windows though. The design is poor in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X