No announcement yet.

What AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could only have one, it would be a 6.5 Grendel in SBR or pistol, followed by 300 BLk, then 5.56.
    450 BM is on my wishlist. Don’t have any experience with 6.8..yet.
    My kids use the Grendel, they have shot pile
    of deer and hogs with it. Mostly DRTs, nothing went far.

Comment

.223,because I have a bazillion bullets for it!

Comment

Sounds like you should get yourself a good lower and buy a couple different uppers and go play.

Comment

Grendel
          450BM
          6.8 SPC

If and when the 6mm ARC comes onto the scene, I believe it will be very popular. 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm

Anything but a 300 Black Out. Sorry boys, I just aint a fan and I own one.

Comment

6.5 Grendel. Still light recoiling but enough juice to put the hammer on bigger deer. Just wish mine hadn't disappeared during the liberal rioting

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

OP - I agree with the Grendel boys. 18 inch barrel is just right for me.

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              I like the 25-45 Sharps. Finding ammo on a shelf is nearly impossible, but handloading is as simple as resizing 223 brass to 25-45. No fire forming or trimming necessary and changing any 223/556 AR over to 25-45 is as simple as a barrel swap. All other rifle components are the same as 223/556. My 16in barrel shoots an 87 Speer Hot-Cor at 2800fps.

What kind of accuracy are you seeing? I built one and have not had a chance to shoot it any yet.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Still undecided on this . I`m thinking 556 , 308,or 6.5 . I feel the 556 would be the cheapest to shoot which would equal more shooting time . I feel it will be plenty for hogs , the main use . I already own 2 30-30`s , a 250-3000 , 308 , 7mag and 6.5 Creedmoor which should cover anything I can hunt from Texas to Colorado , so the 556 should fit the need without overkill . If I went with the 6.5 I would more than likely go with the 6.5 Grindel , since I think it was created for the AR platform .The 308 just because it is one of my favorites . In this day and time I would probably reload , at least I would if the components can be found . Even at that , I still think to 556 will be a bit cheaper if things ever return to a more normal time .OR maybe I should just get all 3 built . Now there`s a thought

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
                  Still undecided on this . I`m thinking 556 , 308,or 6.5 . I feel the 556 would be the cheapest to shoot which would equal more shooting time . I feel it will be plenty for hogs , the main use . I already own 2 30-30`s , a 250-3000 , 308 , 7mag and 6.5 Creedmoor which should cover anything I can hunt from Texas to Colorado , so the 556 should fit the need without overkill . If I went with the 6.5 I would more than likely go with the 6.5 Grindel , since I think it was created for the AR platform .The 308 just because it is one of my favorites . In this day and time I would probably reload , at least I would if the components can be found . Even at that , I still think to 556 will be a bit cheaper if things ever return to a more normal time .OR maybe I should just get all 3 built . Now there`s a thought
                  As someone invested in an AR10 with two uppers, I'd warn you away from one for several reasons. The ar10 platform is significantly more expensive, very few receivers are interchangeable, and they're heavy unless you drop serious cash for something like a POF revolution or 2A XLR. Plus, you already own a 308.

If you want to shoot a lot, get the 556. If you want to hunt, get the 6.5G.

Comment

dpms oracle 223 6.4 pounds and about 500 bucks

Dpms oracle 308 8.3 pounds and about 700 dollars

Those are before craziness prices, of course. And my truck/mule doesn't notice the 2 pounds of difference. For me the 308 is 100%worth the 2 pounds and 200 bucks. I know there are better ar15/ar10 versions, but those are both god guns and since they are set up identical, good ones to compare. As far as swapping between uppers on either an ar 15 or ar 10, i have done that in the past and despise it, so swapability of uppers is not a concern for me

Comment

The .350 Legend is fairly new and ammo is easy on the wallet. Not much recoil or noise compared to some other AR platforms. I did take a good sized buck (big body with plenty of fat) he went down with both lungs torn up. It works with AR 15 lowers.

Comment

Single Shot

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                        I don’t have any ar14’s so I’m safe from Biden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        (Me either) If ya cant kill with one shot ya need MORE PRACTICE or Patience..

Comment

Working...
                        X