• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Says great for ducks

Looks like a good design
    I saw that too, made me chuckle

Comment

Looks cool, but honestly think that a Krivoman directional is way more bang for your buck....

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        Looks cool, but honestly think that a Krivoman directional is way more bang for your buck....
        That may be and I'm in now way connected with the seller and am not trying to push a product at all.

I think a coon proof feeder that sits on the ground for easy filling that will throw corn 40 feet is a great deal at under $400 buck all included (except battery).

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Even if the rain did get it it would drain out below the corn which should make it a non issue.
          Is the bottom of the barrel perforated to allow water to drain, or would the barrel begin to fill up with water in a rainy spell?

Comment

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these but haven't yet. If it's truly bear proof it would be worth it, nothing worse than checking feeders to see the bears have destroyed them. We have about got it down to where they can't tear them up but they still knock them down or sink thier claws thru the barrel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Would like to see how they hold up compared to the ones we build

Comment

Is that in Texas?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Is that in Texas?!!!
                  Southeast Oklahoma

Comment

Varmint proof! Build your own.

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post

Hard to set a pole like that where I'm at. Lol

Comment

You feeding fish or deer lol?

Comment

Originally posted by triple_duece View Post

That design is very similar to the only bear proof corn feeder we had in FL.
                          Although, that one would not be completely varmint proof in the Big Cypress in FL.
                          The bears there have figured out how to destroy almost any feeder made, they are pros.

There you can't have the cable exposed, bears pull on it shaking the corn out of the feeder or until something breaks.
                          The winch also can't be left exposed or they will eventually unlatch it and the feeder crashes to the ground.

A more varmint proof design is to run the cable inside the pipe up to the feeder and build a strong steel box around the winch that locks but swings out of the way to use the winch.

Folks that want bears back in TX don't have a clue what they are asking for, raccoons on steroids that aren't afraid of you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                            That design is very similar to the only bear proof corn feeder we had in FL.

Although, that one would not be completely varmint proof in the Big Cypress in FL.

The bears there have figured out how to destroy almost any feeder made, they are pros.

There you can't have the cable exposed, bears pull on it shaking the corn out of the feeder or until something breaks.

The winch also can't be left exposed or they will eventually unlatch it and the feeder crashes to the ground.

A more varmint proof design is to run the cable inside the pipe up to the feeder and build a strong steel box around the winch that locks but swings out of the way to use the winch.

Folks that want bears back in TX don't have a clue what they are asking for, raccoons on steroids that aren't afraid of you. lol

You are correct. I've had some issues with this design. Mainly they will break the winch. I take the handle off and leave it pointing down. I too have bears and would be happy to give them away.

Only people that want bears are the people that don't have them.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Triple deuce how high is that feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X